10 Ways To Ask A Guy Out

I live in the south, where men open the doors for women, and refuse to let the women get the check (not all men, but most genuinely do). So with all of that being said, we are women and we are empowered.

We live in a world where girls have the ability to vote, the ability to succeed in the work place, and the ability to ask a guy out.

A girl asking a guy out? Does that happen?

One of my friends texted me, wanting to go on a date, the conversation quickly turned when I asked, "why don't you ask him?"

Wait what?

You ask him? Yes, you ask him!

1. Be straight forward.

No one likes someone who isn't completely confident about them, if you're going to do it. Don't just blurt it all out, just relax and be confident. You can do it. I promise, the worst thing is be told is no. N-O, two letters? I promise if a guy can't see how great you are, he doesn't deserve you.

2. Find out their interests.

You wouldn't take someone who hates the outdoors on a six-hour hike, or someone who doesn't like animals to a zoo. Talk to them, get to know them. People sometimes don't end up working out because of this one, so do your research and verbally talk, you'll learn a lot.

3. Be verbal.

Verbally speaking, with real words. Texting is great and all, but there is something about actually seeing expressions on actual faces.

4. Ask to study.

Do your research, study dates are great for two reasons. A) you get to know someone. B) you get to work on school related things. Win, win. Ditch the dorm/ library and scope out a tiny local coffee shop.

5. Actual dates.

Actual dates: these include short hikes to see pretty views, park days, dinner, picnic, anything.. But EXCLUDES "Netflix and Chill."

6. Be bold.

Approach a stranger, and compliment them. Everyone loves a genuine compliment. So, no this doesn't mean "you have nice shoes." Make someone smile.

7. Get creative.

Invite them to do something off the wall. Go rock climbing, or rollerblading, something that is out of your comfort zone, you'll have so much fun and maybe find a new hobby!

8. Cheesy pickup lines.

The cheesier the better, who doesn't love someone who not only has a great sense of humor, but also can completely embarrass themselves? I am what you would call a cheesy pickup line enthusiast.

9. Have fun with it.

It's scary to ask someone out, guys are pressured all the time. Just relax. The scary part is almost over

10. N-O.

The worst thing someone could say is no, and so what? You're intelligent, and hot. If someone can't see the potential in you, they don't even deserve a date with you ...

** OK guys, if you've made it through this entire list, congrats! Now re-read it because it also doubles as "how to ask a girl out."

Yep, you heard it here, all of these ways can also be used to ask a girl out.