It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Oh wait, it was just Valentine's Day. Some people look forward to this holiday with great excitement. Spending time with their loved ones, on a day meant just for love. Others, look forward to their comfy bed and snacks, but with a bitter attitude. There are better things to do than mope around just because you're single. If you're feeling down in the dumps because you don't have a special someone in your life, here are a few things you can do to celebrate Valentine's Day.

1. Go to Dinner With Your Single Pals

They're not busy either! Grab some grub and have a fun time. If you're all unhappy with your love lives, make yourself feel better by watching the couples in the restaurant and make up the conversation they're having based on their body language. You can pretend they're breaking up for your own, sadistic enjoyment.

2. Eat Copious Amounts of Chocolate

Maybe you're not into going to dinner where you'll be surrounded by other couples. So, grab a seat on the couch and enjoy a nice big bag of candy that will probably cheaper tomorrow for the post-holiday sales.

3. Watch a Dark Humor Movie

Not a scary movie, because your thirsty-self will just wish you had someone to hold you, or for you to be holding on to someone because you're so *brave*. A dark humor movie will just agree with your resentful attitude towards anything a rom-com might show you.

4. Nap

You can't be sad if you're sleeping through the pain of your singleness.

5. Download Tinder

If you're still in the search for a last minute Valentine, I'm sure there's someone on Tinder ready to help you with that.

6. Go to the Gym

The gym isn't exactly a Valentine's Day destination, so you can rest assured that most of the people you're with are also single. Plus, you can work on that booty for next year's Valentine's Day. In the wise words of Elle Woods "exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy."

7. Bake a Cake, Eat it Yourself

Remind yourself you don't have to share with anyone! You can eat that sucker in bed and no one can get mad at you for the crumbs.

8. Watch a Crime Show

Nothing says turn-on like a dead body on your screen. Actually, a lot says turn-on unlike a dead body on your screen. I cannot support that kink.

9. Have a Pizza Night-In With Your Friends

Order that extra pizza and add onions because none of you are kissing anyone tonight. You deserve that pizza food baby.

10. Stop Feeling Sorry For Yourself Because You're Still Loved

In all seriousness, being single on Valentine's Day isn't the worst thing in the world. There's someone out there who cares about you. Whether it be your mom, sister, friend, brother, cousin, aunt, dog, coach, uncle, dad, grandma, grandma's cousin's husband, neighbor's cat, just anyone. Valentine's Day can be about celebrating any love, not necessarily a significant other. Don't waste your day being upset when you could be having fun.