10 Upcoming Films To Definitely Check Out In Theaters

Get your wallet ready and your popcorn out!
71

Get pumped! It's almost that Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas season where a ton of fresh new films come to the big screen. Here are a couple movies that are coming out soon that I'd recommend checking out!

1. "Happy Death Day"

The Plot: A self-centered sorority girl gets murdered on her birthday, and has to relive the day (and her deaths) until she figures out her killer.

Why You Should Watch It: It's Groundhog Day mixed with Scream Queens.

Release Date: October 13, 2017 (FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH)

2. "Boo 2! A Madea Halloween"

The Plot: Madea, Bam and Hattie visit a haunted campground, and must run for their lives from all sorts of creepy creatures.

Why You Should Watch It: Is this even a question? All of the Madea movies are fantastic.

Release Date: October 20, 2017

3. "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle"

The Plot: Four high school kids accidentally discover a video game which transports them into the game's setting. To escape, they must beat it.

Why You Should Watch It: It puts a modern twist on the original movie, and Kevin Hart is in it.

Release Date: December 20, 2017

4. "Ferdinand"

The Plot: A gentle bull is taken to a fighting stadium, and he attempts to earn his freedom.

Why You Should Watch It: John Cena voices a cartoon bull!

Release Date: December 15, 2017

5. "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

The Plot: Rey continues her journey with Luke Skywalker, Finn, and Poe.

Why You Should Watch It: ...It's Star Wars.

Release Date: December 15, 2017

6. "Downsizing"

The Plot: Two scientists shrink (yes, shrink) themselves to leave their stressful lives and move to a new downsized community.

Why You Should Watch It: It's like a bizarre version of Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.

Release Date: December 22, 2017

7. "Justice League"

Plot: A team of superheroes (Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg, and The Flash) band together to fight against a common enemy.

Why You Should Watch It: My two favorite superheroes (Batman and Wonder Woman) are in it and work TOGETHER.

Release Date: November 17, 2017

8. "Wonder"

Plot: A young boy with a facial difference must start a new school.

Why You Should Watch It: The book was incredible, and the movie will hopefully be just as good!

Release Date: November 17, 2017

9. "Murder on the Orient Express"

Plot: Detective Hercule Poirot rushes to solve a murder on a train before the killer strikes again.

Why You Should Watch It: It's based on a novel written by Agatha Christie, one of my all-time favorite mystery novelists.

Release Date: November 10, 2017

10. "The Snowman"

Plot: A detective investigates a sadistic serial killer who strikes only during the winter.

Why You Should Watch It: When I first heard about it I thought it was about a snowman who was a serial killer, and I don't think that's ~quite~ what this is about, but I'm still holding out hope. Either way, it sounds like a great thriller.

Release Date: October 20, 2017