The Best True Crime Documentaries

10 Things To Watch If You Love True Crime

Get your true crime fix here!

9

More often than not, my free time is spent slumped in front of my TV watching whatever program Netflix or Hulu decided that I needed to see. Lately, I've been engulfed in the world of wild and crazy crime documentaries.

The unique thing about these stories is that sometimes, the lines are blurred. The terms good and bad aren't always cut and dry. In the midst of these almost unimaginable scenarios, it's not uncommon to be a little uncertain about what you're watching. But, once the credits roll- you'll probably either be filled with rage or absolute bewilderment.

No matter what your taste or interest, I'm sure there's at least one true crime documentary or series that could definitely tickle your fancy.

If you wanna switch up your watching habits while getting your fix of drama and intensity... these are for you! On your next night in, dial up the ole picture box and watch one of these 10 true crime docs!

1. Wild Wild Country

Ever wonder what cult living is like? This group built their own "utopian" society in Oregon back in the '80s. Their lifestyles were far from ordinary and ultimately became a concern for everyone around them.

P.S. Keep an eye out in the future for Priyanka Chopra as she is set to star in a movie adaptation of this story.

2. Abducted in Plain Sight

If you ever called your parents stupid, you have definitely not seen this one. These parents basically allowed their child to be abducted multiple times by a family friend. That's not even the craziest part! The man who abducted their daughter manages to convince her that she is an alien and that the future of the planet lies in her hands.

3. Mommy Dead and Dearest

Imagine growing up extremely ill and practically isolated from the world. This is one of those ones that will leave you absolutely horrified and also a little confused in the end as to who the victim is.

4. FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened

A luxurious musical festival on a private island in the Bahamas with all of the greatest artists sounds great, but what if you paid thousands of dollars only to find out you've been duped? That's exactly what happened here.

5. Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes

We've all heard of Ted Bundy but until you've watched, it's hard to gauge just how insane he was.

6. Evil Genius

The Pizza Bomber was a huge story in its day and now we get to see what exactly happened in Eerie, Pennsylvania throughout the course of the case.

7. The Keepers

It's not uncommon to hear about corruption in the Catholic Church. We've all heard stories about priests and altar boys but in this case, the crime extends ever further... to murder.

8. Prophet's Prey

Warren Jeffs was a crazed cult leader like non other. This one will have you annoyed, sad, and enraged like never before.

9. The Woman Who Wasn't There

All I can say is there is nothing more infuriating than a person who has lied about a traumatic situation- especially if she lied about being a 9/11 survivor. The truth is that she wasn't even there!

10. Tower

This one tells the story of university shooting but in a unique way, utilizing animation along with actual footage from the tragic events of that day.