10 Times Lorelai And Rory Described My College Life Better Than I Ever Could

The Gilmore Girls are my spirit animals.

687
The CW

As we approach that lovely time of year filled with sunshine and flowers blooming, some of you are enjoying the lovely spring weather.

Well, while you sniff those daffodils, college students are losing the will to live and some of us (me) are shedding more tears than Anne Hathaway in Les Mis.

In times where I am unable to express this yearly depression, I turn to my fave on-screen gal pals for help.

1. I can totally work with your schedule.

So, between basically working full time, my three scheduled all-nighters a week, and the two hours I allow for sleep each night, I am unavailable Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Oh, Wednesday works for you? Cool, I can only be there from 12:00 PM-1:30 PM. Great! Yes, I am the group's worst nightmare.

2. College is an emotional rollercoaster.

One moment I am on a high from the passing grade I somehow pulled off without studying to full-on stress/constant flow of tears running down my face/anxiety attack mode. I am very versatile and I keep you on your toes.

3. After I get the grade for that test I decided wasn't important enough to study for.

I blame my complete lack of self-control to NOT binge watch This Is Us. Study guides? Who needs them. I have my wit. I hate myself too.

4. What even is sleep anymore?

Starbucks, Dunkin', McDonald's, even trash Chikfila coffee... I will take anything that even resembles coffee to soothe my sleep-deprived soul. Who needs a solid, healthy eight hours of sleep when you can have COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE?!

5. Me anytime I turn in an assignment.

I am a creature of habit and a procrastinator at heart. An assignment due at 11:59 Sunday night? You bet I'll write a world-stopping four-page essay on how avocados soothe the soul at 11:30. Will any of it make actual sense? That is the mystery.

6. I am my own personal demon.

That hideous sobbing you hear through the wall? Yeah, that's me. Is it all my fault? COMPLETELY. However, I am still so smad about this and want to cry and pretend I am not the hot mess your mother warned you about.

7. Please explain to me what a social life is.

I have meticulously planned out my life for the next three weeks and possibly have time for coffee for fifteen minutes two Tuesdays from now. Whether or not this schedule is actually followed is something I would rather not share. Focus on the fact that I am a stellar planner.

8. No passing grade, no will to live.

Usually, around this time of year, I tend to regret every moment spent not studying like a good little noodle as I see the impending doom of finals approaching. Time to crack open that textbook I spent $40 on and never used. I can definitely learn four months of material in a week. I can do this. I've totally got this. (Please send help. And coffee.)

9. No one should have to deal with my sleep-deprived, constant crying self.

I become such a miserable individual, even my dog needs a break. My happy-go-lucky self is becoming a thing that only exists months May through July and makes a brief appearance at Thanksgiving for pie. Even she is scared of me during finals.

10. I DO NOT have a caffeine problem

I may consume copious amounts of coffee, but it is the only reason I exist in this world. Take away my coffee, you take away my existence. Starbucks is my true homie.

Rory and Lorelai, you are my spirit animals.