10 Things to Do when You're Home from College

You don't have to be bored over Christmas break
37

Alright, so you just got home from another grueling semester at University, but sometimes the slower pace of your hometown just doesn't compare to your go-go-go pace of school. And sometimes it can get boring. Before that happens let me give you some things to do on break.

1. Spend time with family and friends.

This one seems obvious. And it is. But don't underestimate it. You've been really busy and possibly far from home during the semester and if you're anything like me you were begging for a break. Make some memories to carry you through the next hard semester.

2. Call up an old friend.

Some people choose not to stay friends with people they knew in high school and that's fine. But sometimes friends grow apart naturally and maybe just to catch up.

3. See a movie.

Tis the season... for great movies. Go catch one or two.

4. Skype with your friends from school.

If you miss being around them every day give them a call. It'll be like visiting them at their house...kind of.

5. Mail your school friends a postcard from your hometown.

If you live far from school or they live far from school this could be a really cute way to keep in touch and a great surprise if you keep it a secret.

6. Read!!!!

Finally, read those books you haven't had the time to read during the semester.

7. Get ahead.

If you're really keen you could read ahead and start getting some work done for your upcoming semester. If you don't do this you're not lazy. And if you choose to do this don't underestimate the value of some rest.

8. Bake!

Right before you go back to school back a plate of cookies or brownies or whatever you want and share them with your school friends. It'll be a break back to school present.

9. Craft.

I always have a long list of DIY's to do that would be so cute for my dorm and never any time to do them. So take this time to get a little crafty.

10. Rest.

You just finished a semester take some time to rest and recover so you can approach this new semester with renewed energy. If you have a job or a busy schedule try to take the time to rest.