10 things you should know about a wristwatch

know about a wristwatch

62

Watch is an accessory to get an accurate time. People use it not only to see time but also use it as a fashionable thing. This little thing also contains some components. Besides, before using or purchasing a watch, different things you should know about a wristwatch. If you do that, you can make an excellent investment for your money. Choose your watch smartly that goes appropriately with your profession and looks.

Ten things that should know about a wristwatch

Here I am going to provide you with the brief descriptions of 10 things that you should know about a wristwatch..

• Types of wristwatch

There are different types of wristwatch that you have to know. Most of the common types are mechanical, quartz, chronograph watch, dive watch, sports watch, military watch, pilot watch, luxury watch, digital watch, triathlon watch, etc. You should choose one that goes with your fashion.

• The basic component of a wristwatch

Learn about the essential component of a wristwatch. The main parts of a watch are crown, lugs, case, watch dial, crystal, hour maker, pusher, hand, subdial. Crown is the knob of the watch. In the regular watch, you will find it at 3 o'clock. Generally, the case of the wristwatch is made of metal, and it is the house of the mechanism of the watch. The watch face contains dial, crystal, hands, subdial, etc. The hands point the dial and can be different in size, shape, materials.

• Quartz and Mechanical watches

Most of the people are not aware of the differences between Quartz and Mechanical Watches. The main difference is the movement of these two types. Another significant difference between quartz and Mechanical watches is battery use. Quartz watches work on a battery. On the other hand, mechanical watches work on gears and springs. If you notice, you may find the second hand of a mechanical one has a continuous motion. But the second hand on quartz one ticks per second.

• Manual wind watch vs Automatic watch

Manual wind and mechanical wind means the method of watch's wound. As quartz watch runs continuously with the battery power, it cannot be wound. On the other hand, mechanical watches are wound manually or automatically. In the case of a manual watch, you need to wind it whenever the mainspring runs out. For this purpose, you have to twist its crown. But in the case of automatic watch, you need not do this thing because it has a weighted rotor. With the motion of the wrist, the rotor can spin and thus the wind works.

• Complications

Watch complications as one of the essential things you need to know about a wristwatch. There are many complications. However, the common complications are day-date complication, movement, moon phase, calendar, alarm, time zone, tourbillon, etc. Before buying a luxury watch, try to learn more about the complications.

• Materials

Another big thing you have to aware of the materials of a wristwatch. It is essential for the look. There are many materials used for a wristwatch. Find out the materials that are highest at the quality. The most common materials are titanium, ceramics, leather, gold, carbon fibre, Silicone rubber, etc. Many luxury watches also contain gems and stones.

• Design

Before buying a wristwatch, you need to learn about various designs of it. Many brands come in different shapes, colours, sizes watches. So, you have to decide one among them. Which one you like; bold, elegant, glamorous or sleek? But you have to choose one that fits well with your wardrobe and profession.

• Functions

Like other things such as design, materials, you need to know about the functions. There are many functions of the watches. Among them, you need to choose one that suits you. Every type of watches has some unique features .

• Learn how to take care of a wristwatch

Before going to use a wristwatch, you have to know the proper way of taking care of the watch. Properly clean the watch case with a small amount of water if the timepiece is water-resistant. Then clean the band of it according to the materials.

• Maintenance

You have to learn the proper maintenance of the wristwatch. The maintenance depends on the type of watch. You should maintain your watch in the right way to use it for a long time.

All these 10 things are essential to know about a wristwatch. So, if you are going to invest money for a wristwatch, this guide will help you much to use the watch rightly.