10 Things Worse than Waiting for Spring Break

This is going to be the longest week (or so) ever...

35
blog.studentcity.com

Spring Break is right around the corner, and every college student is on edge for the break to come as soon as possible. Whether your plans consist of a fun getaway with friends or just lounging around your house all day, a week off is a week off, and it needs to come like yesterday. Every professor and instructor seems to think that the time immediately before break is prime time to cram every midterm and assignment possible down our throats, and you get to point where you're questioning your ability to reach the halfway mark. While waiting for spring break may seem like the worst thing ever, here's a few things that somehow just may be worse:

1. Waiting for that special guy or gal to text you back.

The waiting game of 'does he like me' or 'does he not like me' questions are possibly the only thing that seem to last longer than this waiting period before spring break. However, I believe in you all that you can pull through in both this relationship and this agonizing time before break.

2. Getting roasted in the group chat.

While everyone has their own turn on getting roasted, it's certainly extremely painful and brutal when it gets to be your turn, and might be worse than these last few days of waiting. Depending on the severity of the burns, it might be hard to recover, and you might have to spend spring break hiding in the shadows.

3. Dropping your food on the ground.

While the five-second rule applies most of the time, sometimes there's no turning back once you let that precious food slip between your fingers and is truly a painful experience. Watching the deliciousness you missed out on slam to the floor might take more out of you before these pre-break midterms.

4. Being forced to watch paint dry.

Yes, it may be extremely mind-numbing, but can it be any worse that having to sit through class after class knowing that you could be home, on vacation or literally anywhere else but here in just a short amount of time? The answer is a strong maybe.

5. Going to the DMV.

You could probably go get in line at the DMV today, and it'll finally be your turn on the day Spring Break starts. At least for waiting at school, you'll be slightly preoccupied by the shear amount of assignments you've been procrastinating. At the DMV you are literally sitting there waiting for eternity to end.

6. Wanting Chick-Fil-A really bad and realize it's Sunday.

It seems like the only time you're truly craving Chick-Fil-A is the one day week you're out of luck. You may even tempt yourself by driving by the dark, empty store, but it's truly traumatic when you realize what could've been. Chick-Fil-A you only have to wait until the next day, but this spring break wait may go on forever.

7. Stubbing your toe.

No one deserves this painful horror. Your life flashes before your eyes, you collapse to the floor in agony: an overall life changing event. Stubbing your toe, especially your little pinky toe, just may be worse than having no spring break at all.

8. When you try to close out an ad and accidentally click it and get redirected to that page instead.

No random irrelevant ad on Facebook, I didn't want to get forwarded to your page for something I'm completely uninterested in! Yet here I am, angrily pressing the 'Click to go back' button until I'm back on Facebook. This may be the worst, because it's technically your fault but you feel the blame should be elsewhere, similar to your real-life college situation.

9. Trying to teach your un-technologically saavy relative how to use their cell phone.

While some grandparents may be more tech savvy, others can't master the art of the iPhone for the life of them. No matter how many times you press the button for them, or tell them how to do something, it's to no avail. This slow, painful process may in fact go head-to-head against the time waiting for break.

10. Just when you think it's finally time for Spring Break, you get hit with an assignment due OVER SPRING BREAK.

This one is sadly too common and shakes me to my core. Why does the professor hate you so much? Why does the professor hate themselves so much that they gave themselves more to grade over their break too? These questions remain unanswered, but the grief and pain they cause is probably the worst of this whole list.