10 Things That Are On Everyone's Summer To-Do List That (Probably) Won't Get Done

Or am I the only one to fail at accomplishing these tedious tasks?

https://unsplash.com/photos/RLw-UC03Gwc

For many people, especially college-students, summer is the time to get a list of shit done that should have been done periodically the past year. Although we tell ourselves these things must be done by the end of August, it doesn't always go as planned.

1. Doctor Appointment

I've needed a refill on medication for the past four months, but other than that my physical health is fine so do I really have to wake up for an 8 a.m. appointment if I don't have to?

2. Meeting with old friends

Planning to meet up with high school friends, or former friends in general, is a great idea that never actually goes into effect, even though the summer is a prime time to do so.

3. Eye Appointment

I'm on my last pair of contacts, they're burning my eyes, yet I hate wearing my glasses. My fear of the eye doctor yelling at me for sleeping in my contacts, for the fourth year in a row, has made me quite fearsome and therefore aiding my procrastination.

4. Going through your closet

Every summer I expect my room to get a deep cleaning to rid itself of old clothes and junk, but it only happens for a few minutes until I get distracted with my favorite toy from 15 years ago.

5. New Body Modification

In June I always say that this summer will end with a new piercing/tattoo. Whether it be lack of time or lack of money, it doesn't end up happening, though.

7. Car work

I truly do need new tires before winter, and summer would be a convenient time to get them put on. Will I wait until fall to get them actually put on, along with the oil change I needed 500 miles ago? Probably.

6. Taking someone out to lunch

I have a list of cousins, aunts and grandparents whom I told I would take out to eat before the summer ends. Busy summer schedules just end up with conflicting availability, making that tough.

8. Working more

By the end of the summer, I always expect there to have been a solid month where I grinded everyday for extra money. That idea usually only translates into working only 5 hours of OT a week.

9. Going on vacation

I'm currently planning a vacation to Virginia Beach in two weeks. Will it happen? According to the rest of this list, probably not.

10. Plethora of pictures

Pictures encompass memories and allow for reflection. It's always a summer goal to capture as many memories as possible. By the end of August, I'll likely have some pictures from work, an aesthetic picture of some meal I ate, and a selfie with a Snapchat filter on.

Summer is hard to enjoy when you have a bunch of tedious tasks to do. Although, summer is equally as hard when you have this list of tedious tasks and consciously know you keep putting them off.