10 Things That Happen When You're Comfortable With Your Partner

Seeing each other at your best and your worst.

1831
NY Daily News

I've been in a happy and healthy relationship for almost two years. The best part about us is that we're extremely and disgustingly comfortable with each other. I'm pretty sure us being comfortable with each other happened the first two weeks we were together. He makes me laugh until my belly hurts, or until I start sounding like a seal. He's a great person and my best friend. I love him dearly. Here's a list of some things that happens when you become comfortable with your significant other.

1. Farting becomes almost like a sneeze...it's whatever.

I remember thinking farting was a sin, especially doing it in front of guys because it wasn't "lady like" but after about two weeks, I had to let go. It's too uncomfortable to hold it in because you get stomach cramps, you have to change how your standing or sitting, it's not fun. The best part about farting is making fun of the certain sounds afterward.

2. You can cry your little heart out in front of them

And not those cute little sprinkle tears, I'm talking about straight up wail, snot, spit and whatever other substance that comes out of every orifice. Insane ugly crying, or as my boyfriend just said as I'm writing this "Rudolph the red nose coke whore," because my nose, cheeks and eyes get super red. The best part is rubbing your snot on them when they're hugging you.

3. You heatedly argue about nothing

When I say nothing, I mean literally nothing. Especially when it becomes heated (like who was right about the color of a lost phone case - wasn't me, but I made him question himself which means I did a job well done) when you're two very passionate people, your arguments over dirty laundry on the floor or if the trash is everywhere when there's a bucket a foot away from you turns into a screaming fight like one of you just ran over your pet kitten.

4. You've seen each other throw up/ dry heave after a night of drinking or when you have the stomach flu

I think that's the worst feeling in the world when you know when you're about to puke and you're in front of your boyfriend/girlfriend. A year and a half ago, I had one too many tequila shots and made best friends with the bucket. My boyfriend kept rubbing my back, moving my hair out of my face without an issue while I continued to say, "Don't look at me! This is so bad! I'm so gross! I'm sorry! How can you stand me!?" While he was puking one night, I left him a glass a water next to the toilet bowl so he would wake up and see it. You know you're both keepers if you don't run away from the sight of vomit and you still take care of each other.

5. Sleeping arrangements can be something that you can't stand, but you deal

It's a common thing to notice how someone sleeps or what they do in their sleep, at first it's a little awkward because you don't want them to know that you sleep like a starfish. In my case, when you have a long body, the legs can go anywhere. You also get used to waking up in the middle of the night just to make them move over and/ or to tell them to stop doing that weird leg thing.

6. You embrace each other's nerd perfectly

Self Explanatory: this happened.

7. Popping pimples on each other gives you insane satisfaction and you offer them to do it

When I feel a pimple on his back or on his shoulder, I immediately start poking at it because watching that gross stuff comes out gives me so much joy because it's almost like a reward. When he finds out that I have an ingrown hair on my armpit (those suck by the way) I let him go to town. It hurts but it's worth it.

8. Showering while the other one is pooping, peeing or brushing their teeth. (Sometimes with the door open)

Once you've experienced showering while someone is pooping and peeing...you're in a good situation.

9. You can take goofy pictures together

None and I mean none of our pictures are serious. We're not serious people either, all we do is laugh and make fun of each other, so it will forever be seen on photos.

10. Lastly, you love them so much that you want to throw up soon after, lovingly.