10 Things Only SF Peninsula Kids Can Get

10 Things Only San Francisco Peninsula Kids Can Relate To

The Bay Area is HUGE! From Daly City to Los Altos, here are the quintessential things to which only Peninsula kids can say "Same."

380

If it's one thing I've learned since going away to school, it's that it feels like 7/10 people at UCLA are from the Bay Area. Moreover, I've learned that the Bay Area spans much larger than I assumed growing up (I mean, San Pedro! A part of the Bay? Who knew?). That being said, I've realized that things that I thought were a part of the typical Bay Area experience are much more nuanced and specific to the place I call home- the San Francisco Peninsula. Here are 10 things only kids from cities like San Mateo or Millbrae can understand.

1. All of the glorious memories from Outdoor Ed.

outdooreducation.sjcoe.org

My first kiss was with a banana slug! I was literally sobbing as I sang, "Just say goodbye with some hello in your goodbye!"

2. Craving Tpumps. 

media.timeout.com

Need I say more?

3. Being boxed in by Teslas on 280

www.tesla.com

An experience so frustrating even YG referenced it.

4. Everyone's #rip dreams after not getting into Stanford

germanmotorspecialist.com

We all love our schools, but if you're from the Peninsula and didn't grow up going on Stanford field trips and fantasizing about the day you'd go there only to be rejected, are you really from the Peninsula?

5. Desperately trying not to fall asleep on Caltrain

1.bp.blogspot.com

Caltrain - the OG, before-you-could-drive way to get to Burlingame Tpumps.

6. Being intimidated by the crazy intense Silicon Valley kids

akm-img-a-in.tosshub.com

*Sweating out of fear during Model UN* as the delegate from United Kingdom AKA Silicon Valley rips my resolution apart.

7. The struggle of deciding whether to take 280 or 101

c1.staticflickr.com

Huge hill or crazy traffic- take your pick.

8. Roadtripping to Chick-Fil-A!

d1fd34dzzl09j.cloudfront.net

How we all wish it was closer than Sunnyvale.

9. Calling SF your home because nobody knows where the Peninsula is

media-cdn.tripadvisor.com

San Carlos? Where's that?

10. Missing the Peninsula with all your heart when you leave it

farm5.staticflickr.com

This may just be for me, but I know that when I'm in LA I often catch myself day dreaming about cruising down El Camino to my favorite boba shop back home! I consider myself so lucky to call the Peninsula home, and can't wait to be back this summer!