10 Things To Love On Valentine's Day Besides A Significant Other

There's enough love to share this Feb. 14.

59
Blogspot

Valentine’s Day. The day of love. For many of us, it's the annual reminder that yes, you’re still single! But why is this true? Why can’t we focus on other things we love this Valentine’s Day? Here's a list of things you can love instead.

1. Coffee

Where would I be without coffee? Probably asleep on the side of the road somewhere. When was the last time your boyfriend woke you up for class, or sat next to you, powering you through your late night studying? Hm, never? That’s what I thought.

2. Dogs

Even if you don’t have one, you can’t deny their beauty and angelic qualities. They’re always happy to see you, even if you forgot to text them back, hung out with other friends or watched the next episode on Netflix without them.

3. Democracy

With all this hype about the 2016 presidential election, let’s remember how lucky we are to have the privilege to vote for our next leader. Even though democracy and I have had our differences in election results, we always make up knowing there’s a brighter tomorrow. #change #verminsupreme2016

4. Nintendo DS

Over winter break, I was blessed enough to find my retro Nintendo DS from my hood rat days. Even more blessed, my Nintendogs were still alive. Crazy, right? So on Feb. 14, 2016, I’ll be on a very important date. With my virtual dogs. And I love it.

5. Dominoes

To all my college students out there, this one is for you. You know there is no bond more special than the one between you and your cheese pizza at 1 a.m. This is a love that can’t be found everywhere. Treasure it while you can people.

6. Adele

This lady has a way of making me passionately sing songs I know nothing about to boys I’ve never met. And I love that. Maybe you’ll be blasting “Someone Like You” on repeat for that boy who left you and never looked back. For me, I’ll be singing for the McDonald’s that told me their ice cream machine was down at 11:30. You broke my heart.

7. Boston

Maybe as a native, I’m bias, but we can’t all just forget our stupid love problems and realize how beautiful the City of Champions is? No matter how gross the Orange and Green Lines are, nothing gives me butterflies or makes my heart pitter-patter like the way it does when I pull up to North Station, Haymarket and Kenmore to explore the beautiful surroundings of the best place on Earth, especially Fenway Park.

8. Tom Brady

Few things on this planet easier to love than TB12. Just pour yourself a nice drink, make some nachos, sit back, and watch highlights from the G.O.A.T’s career, SO FAR. The sun never sets in Foxborough. Even though Tom and his team may have disappointed us slightly, we can never be mad at them because they still love you.

9. The Parent Trap

Who needs a boyfriend when you can have a long lost twin sister you met at a summer camp?! Additionally, why would want a date for Valentine’s Day when you could have Dennis Quaid and Natasha Richardson as your parents. People, true love doesn’t happen on Feb. 14, it happens on the Queen Elizabeth II boat. Relax, and set your standards higher.

10. Yourself

You don’t need no man (or woman!) to make you happy no matter what the day is! Go ahead, treat yourself to a pedicure and fancy coffee, get Cheesecake Factory by yourself and don’t feel bad. End the night in your fuzzy bathrobe with ice cream, watching “Friends” reruns. You should love your life every day, not just on Feb. 14 because you are beautiful.

P.S McDonald’s, I did find someone else, his name is Sonic.