10 Things You Know If You're Perpetually Late

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." "You said that 10 minutes ago."

176
Photo by Aphiwat chuangchoem from Pexels

In every group, there is always that one person who lacks a sense of punctuality. Yup, you know that one person who says that they'll be there in five minutes and show up 30 minutes later. Frankly, if you decided to click and read this you're probably that person and you're also probably supposed to be somewhere right now, but hey you'll get there when you get there right?

1. Your friends dread getting ready to go out with you.

Yes, you have no sense of time, and that comes with no sense of what time to start getting ready. Instead of taking advantage of the full 4 hours you have before going out, you decide you can shower, blow dry/style your hair, find an outfit, and put on makeup all within 20 minutes before you're 'supposed' to leave. Yeah, we all claim we can defeat the impossible but the fact is you're just going to be late for your plans.

2. You were very familiar with "late slips" in high school.

The ladies in the office knew you personally by the end of each year, because of the annual trips to pick up your late slip every morning.

3. Things did not change in college...

Showing up to your 8:00 a.m's (if you're brave enough to schedule them) at 8:10 is the absolute norm, and your professor and classmates know it. But hey, you make up for it with your impeccable charm and participation for the time you are in class.

4. Everyone knows to tell you to be ready an hour before your actual plan times.

They all know the trick by now is to tell you that you have to be there by 8:00 when it starts at 9:00 because they know you'll still show up at 9:15.

5. Everyone around you goes into a complete shock and confusion the rare occasions you show up on time.

Sometimes the universe works in our favor, and we somehow show up on time. Now, we may act like we planned this but truth be told, we are just as shocked by this rare miracle as the rest of you.

6. You're the first person to understand when someone else is running late.

Nope, you don't get annoyed when you get that text from your friend saying they're running a few minutes late. In contrast, you actually feel an overwhelming sense of understanding, and let's admit a bit proud because you showed up 2.5 minutes before them.

7. You're extremely optimistic about deadlines.

If you have 24 hours to submit an assignment you are not stressing at all until the very last minute, because in your world 24 hours is a lifetime.

8. You genuinely do feel bad when you are late.

Half the time you're not even sure how you're late. You planned on showing up on time, you were even ready on time, but your complete lack of stress and time gets the best of you.

9. You still care about your plans, friends, and appointments.

Being late does not mean that you don't care about the places you have to go or the people you're going to see. You're still just as excited and feel the same amount of responsibility about going to these things, sometimes the universe just has a different schedule for you.

10. No matter how hard you try, you're always somehow a bit late.

Fact is you know who you are, and you know there is no changing you. No matter if you set your mind to be on time, you will somehow be a tad bit late. It's not intentional, it's just your internal biological clock that never caught up after day-light savings time.