10 Things I Know I Am Doing Over Break

10 Things I Know I Am Doing Over Break

Hope everyone has a great year
339

College break is coming up, you have no idea how exciting this is for me and my fellow peers. Break is a time where everyone can destress from the stress they had while being at college and gives them time to reflect on what they did this semester in hope for a better next semester. I am writing this to let you know what I am going to be doing this break because we all know that we may be doing similar things.

1. Hang with my friends from home: I miss seeing my friends from home all the time, seeing them will be so exciting because I know I have so many things to tell them and I am so excited to hear what they are going to tell me. Leaving them is tough, but coming back to them after a while is the best feeling.
  2. Keep up with college friends and maybe hang with them: being at college I made more friends that I will miss dearly, like my roommates and class friends. My roommates and class friends became almost like my family and I appreciate them so much, I want to be able to keep in touch with them while we have this month off. Going from seeing each other 24/7 to not seeing them at all (for a month) is going to be hard to say goodbye.
  3. Take trips to the city: this is something my friends and I do all the time, especially during the holidays. My favorite thing to do is go to the city during the holidays because seeing the city with all of the holiday lights, seeing the trees at both Rockefeller Center and Bryant Park, completes the holiday experience. I haven’t been to the city in a long time so having time to go this holiday is going to be so exciting.
  4. Enjoy the time I have with my family: while being at school even though I am not far from home I still enjoy my time being at home with all of my things. It is easy for me to pack a weekend bag and stay the weekend but going home and staying home is going to be change because I spend most of my days studying, being in my dorm, and spending time with my college friends. I am going to enjoy the time with my family and break because I know for a fact I am going to miss it so much when I come back after break.
  5. Visit family I don’t see often: I am also excited to see my extended family too! While being at school I barely see them in general and it is going to be nice seeing them more often especially with the holidays coming up.
  6. Catch up on my shows on Hulu and Netflix: I love watching my shows that I get into; it really is a relaxing thing to do. I am excited for those lazy days that I have being in my pajamas and doing nothing, it really helps destress and forget about the adult world for a bit.
  7. Take so many naps: this semester I felt that I did not have enough time to nap, I had more afternoon classes which made me think staying up all the time was a great idea. I felt like I stayed up too much too often and I miss taking naps because I am always focusing on something else. Taking naps will be essential and relaxing because if I stay up too late over break I can just catch up on some sleep the next day.
  8. Relax and destress: I am going to be doing this a lot within the first few days, whether I watch my shows, nap, take a bath, or go to a spa for all I know; relaxing this break is what I want. I want to just clear my mind from this semester and have a clear mind coming into next.
  9. Take things by day: I tend to do this a lot and I am excited to be going back into this. I stress myself out all the time with keeping a schedule and being on time. Now that break is coming up I get a chance to just make plans day by day and that alone is very relaxing.
  10. And don’t forget, go to practices: now that I rejoined Winter Guard I get a chance to refocus my full attention to it because I am no longer in school for the rest of the month. I am excited to be practicing and spending time with my teammates and making this season the best it can be.

I am very excited to be going on break and I know everyone else is too! Happy almost New Years, I hope everyone has a great year ahead!