In light of events in recent weeks, the debate over gun control has been given an extreme amount of attention. The accessibility of guns has become a center-point of the debate. Below, I'm not making the argument that assault weapons should be banned, or for any particular legislation to be implemented. I'm asking you to think about a very specific question: Shouldn't these things be a little easier to obtain than something that can be used to commit mass murder?

1. Sudafed.

Less than a dozen states and the District of Columbia require registration of some or all firearms. To purchase Sudafed, I need to show my ID and have my purchase logged into a database. This is because Sudafed can be used to make methamphetamine - but you know, I don't have to get my name logged if I buy a gun, because it's not like I can directly kill anyone with it or anything.

2. Birth control.

Fun fact: I once walked into the health care clinic at my college to change my birth control, and was asked if I had a boyfriend by the health care provider present. As if the presence of a boyfriend would justify whether or not I deserved birth control, and thus should allow myself to have sex or not. For a split second, I'd felt ashamed, like I need to justify what I was doing by defending my responsibility and intelligence. Then, I snapped back to reality and realized it's no one's business what I'm doing with my body. This kind of judgement doesn't usually exist when buying a gun -- why does it when buying birth control? It's 2016, get your weird views about pre-marital sex out of my health care service.

3. A truly inclusive sermon.

Jesus is inclusive. The Work of God is not limited to a private or privileged group. A truly inclusive sermon has been a feat for me to find in my home state - and I live in the arguably most navy blue state of them all, Connecticut. Meanwhile, two gun stores are within walking distance of me.

4. A decent financial aid package.

Nearly seventy percent of bachelor degree recipients have student debt. Our country's student debt adds up to over $1 trillion. It's almost unheard of for someone to leave college debt-free. Among the people I know personally, I can't name one person enrolled in college who is debt-free, but can name at least five college-aged people who own a gun.

5. A voter ID.

In states like Wisconsin, getting a voter ID requires visiting the DMV with your Social Security card, proof of residence, a completed Wisconsin identification card application, and proof of identification. Meanwhile, I can buy a gun online without even having to put pants on. It's a little unnerving to me that getting a piece of laminated plastic it's harder than getting something with the potential to kill.

6. A cup of coffee that doesn't smell like chemicals and baby vomit.

No, I don't want your Starbucks. That's disgusting and disgrace to true pretentious coffee lovers everywhere. If I wanted my nostrils to be filled with a smell like that, I'd stick my head in a toilet bowl full of bleach. Is it too much to ask for a decent coffee shop to exist within fifteen minutes of my home?

7. Affordable health care.

The average American has almost $2,000 in medical debt. An estimated twenty percent of Americans go without health care. Yet, eighty-eight guns exist for every 100 Americans.

8. A meaningful prison sentence in response to rape.

College campuses have become notorious for covering up cases of sexual assault and harassment for the sake of reputation. Our legal system arguably fails the victims of this assault and harassment by being able to serve justice that the American public rely on it to. Brock Turner is the face of this type of injustice, not an exception within the system.

9. An actual person on the customer service line.

Has anyone spoken to a real person within thirty minutes of calling a major company? Ever? It took me 45 minutes to talk with someone from my cell phone company, and even then I was told to being my phone into a nearby location after five minutes of actual conversation.

10. A presumptive party nominee over half of Americans don't view unfavorably.

I feel like Hillary Clinton is basically Daenerys Targaryen at this point -- she's a strong woman, she's made a name for herself, but no one in the land she wants to preside over actually seems to want her to lead them that much. Who in Westeros wants Dany? Who in America's first choice was Hillary? And Donald? He's like the human embodiment of NASCAR. An overwhelming amount of white people love it, no one get's why it's popular, and it's bound to lead to some kind of pile-up in the very near future.