A Valentine's Day Guide For All Boyfriends

Here's 10 things you can do for your girlfriend on Valentine's Day.

42
Google Images

Well, it's that time of year again. The time when every couple becomes overly touchy and all the single people walk the earth hating on every couple they lay their eyes on, only wishing they had a relationship as such. You got it, it's Valentine's Day once again. I know this time of year can also be a little stressful and can put a lot of pressure on a couple preparing for this day of the year. But let's be honest for a second here. Sometimes it's hard to put into words how much you love someone, and we often don't know how to express those feelings. But here's a solution for any Valentine's Day stress! Gentlemen, listen up! Want to surprise your girlfriend this Valentine's Day? Here's 10 things you can do to make her unbelievably happy this year:

10. Give her hints about the night's plans.

One of the best things you can do for your girl is surprise her with an outfit and a simple note as a nice touch for the night's plans. Not only will it create a sense of anticipation for the night, she'll see how much thought and planning you put into your Valentine's Day date.

9. Offer to pay for her nail appointment.

Girls getting their nails done for Valentine's Day is inevitable, so offer to pay for her appointment! After all, she is getting them done for you, so the least you can do is be a gentleman and pay for them. Trust me, she'll appreciate it.

8. Bring her flowers.

Bringing your girlfriend flowers is the most classic thing to do on Valentine's Day, but also essential. A little old-school trait to sweep your girl off her feet wouldn't hurt.

7. Buy her lots and lots of chocolate.

Girls love chocolate. This is crucial and absolutely mandatory for you to get this for her. Bringing your favorite person her favorite type of sweet will definitely make her day much better.

6. Buy her an over-sized teddy bear.

Even though this is something that us guys don't entirely understand, girls love to cuddle and getting her this type of teddy bear will definitely give you some brownie points if you don't know what to get her. This huge gift may seem pretty pricey just for a stuffed animal, but I promise she'll melt over how cute it is and be so appreciative of it.

5. Take her out to a nice restaurant.

It's Valentine's Day, meaning it's a day to take a break from the normal routine of ordering takeout and actually go out to each for once. And by going out to eat, I don't mean some diner or the Merritt Canteen, but actually, dress up and bring her to a fancy restaurant. You should want to spoil your girl, and this is the perfect way to do it. Even though it may be a hit to your bank account, she'll love seeing you in that shirt and tie and be impressed by your reservation skills.

4. Cook her dinner.

But, it's also perfectly understandable that not all girls love going out to eat on Valentine's Day (your bank account thanks you). So instead, cook her dinner at home! Cook some of her favorite meals or be creative! Even making homemade pizza is something you can do together and have fun doing. Sit back, relax with a glass of wine, and just enjoy each others company on a nice night in, but still romantic.

3. Take her out for her favorite ice cream.

It's essential to either get her or take her out for her favorite ice cream. It will show her that you pay attention to even the smallest things that make her happy, which will just be another added bonus for making this a great night.

2. Take her to see the movie she's been dying to go see.

So maybe she's been begging you to see this chick flick for the longest time or never had the opportunity to go, but this is the night to go. Even if it's a movie you have no interest in seeing at all, do it for her. You never know, you may even like the movie, but if not, you're still spending time together and that's more important.

1. Do everything possible to show how much you love her.

In the end, Valentine's Day isn't supposed to be this commercial holiday about Cupid, flowers, or chocolate. It's about the love you share for that special person who makes up your world in the best way possible. So on this day, show that to her. Do anything you can to make her happy. Even the smallest things that you may not seem to think are a big deal, mean something to her. She'll be reassured how much she loves you two, and this will just be another great chapter of Valentine's Days with many more to come.

Just remember that doing all of these things shouldn't just be on Valentine's Day, but all year round as well. Sometimes we lose sight of what's most important and forget to cherish the moments with the people we love. Valentine's Day should be a reminder of how lucky you are to have someone so special in your life whom you have the honor to share your heart and soul with.

Happy Valentine's Day!