10 Things Every College Girl is Wearing on Game Day

'Tis The Season For Tailgates

6602

If you’re a southern girl in college you understand the excitement on game day- not only for the game, but getting to wear your favorite stylish outfit to the tailgate. This year’s game day trends have been spreading throughout the south and inspiring college gals to head to the mall to pick out their ensemble for next Saturday. Whether your sporting a cute romper with some wedges or a big jersey with some boots, you can still dress up your outfit to make you look like the most stylish southern belle there is.

1. Oversized Jerseys

Last year, we saw college girls all over Instagram sporting oversized jerseys on game day. It’s a super cute yet comfortable way to spend your Saturdays. Showing your school pride and support for your team all while looking cute and fashionable is always a plus. If it’s cold, throw on a cute pair of leggings or jeans or keep it cool on a hot day with a pair of jean shorts underneath. You can easily pair it with some cowboy boots, Converse or the latest trend, Adidas. How ever you decide to wear it, make sure you dress it up by fixing your hair and makeup and maybe adding some jewelry as well.

2. Double Wrap Chokers

Remember those chokers that most of our parents didn’t approve of when we were eight or nine years old? Well they're back and more popular than ever! But they have matured quite a bit. The latest thing is the double wrap chokers. They’re basically a leather chord and wraps around your neck a few times and either hangs down on either side, ties in a low knot, or a bow. Most of these stylish chokers come in different colors such as black, white, tan, olive, and crimson. If you’re unsure about what kind of jewelry to pair with your oversized jersey, go out and find a double wrap choker. It’s simple and not too distracting. Welcome back chokers!

3. Keyhole Rompers/Shirts

If you’re not so sure about sporting a choker but still think they’re cute, try an outfit with a keyhole. Most keyhole rompers and shirts have that one thick piece of fabric connecting the shoulders together that crosses at your neck, giving the effect of a choker. We’ve seen a big trend in rompers and tops with this small risqué dip that shows just enough skin. Dress it up or dress it down, whatever you choose you’ll be looking super trendy in your keyhole ensemble.

4. Skorts

Whenever we think of skorts we think back to those days when Limited Too was a thing and pleated flare jean skirts with the colorful neon shorts underneath were what all the kids at school were wearing. But like the chokers, skorts have matured as well. Today’s skorts are becoming more and more popular and are now showing up at tailgates throughout the south. Not so much jean skorts, but a dressier, and stretchy fabric has taken over and is being paired with cute dressy tops. If you decide you want to make your game day attire a little more dressy, a skort is the way to go this weekend.

5. Jean Skirts

While we're discussing skirts/skorts, lets draw our attention to a comeback we never thought would make it. That is jean skirts. Who would have thought those hideous things we wore that gave us no shape to our booties would make its way back into the fashion world? This time they are shorter, high-waisted and more fitting to our bodies. These denim skirts have been popping up in all the southern boutiques lately and are making appearances at tailgates almost every Saturday! If you’re feeling confident, try on a denim skirt and rock your favorite fashion statement back when you were younger.

6. Flare Jeans

Here’s to another trend we would normally cringe at when looking through old pictures. Flare jeans used to be the “it” thing. The wider the flare, the cooler the girl. But as skinny jeans began to take their place, they slowly faded and almost became a mom trend. Well, welcome back flare jeans! College girls have been strutting their long legs in these tight fitting, dark wash, sometimes white jeans. Most girls we have seen pair them with a cute pair of wedges of chunky heels, making their legs appear longer. We’re so glad to see flare jeans at fall football games this year!

7. Off The Shoulder

If you’re looking to show a little bit of skin without coming off as trashy, an off the shoulder outfit is perfect for you this Saturday. With the hot sun beating down on you as you laugh and cut up with your college pals, it can be miserable at times. But with your shoulders out, catching the sun rays and feeling the breeze blow through your hair and across your back every once in a while is such a relief. You can match your flouncy off the shoulder top with a skort, jean skirt, or even flare jeans.

8. Custom Lace Up Shirts

My personal favorite piece for game day would have to be these spunky yet stylish custom made shirts. Take your favorite college team t-shirt and transform it into your new favorite outfit. With a low cut dip that is trimmed with what looks like shoe laces, people will be dying to know where to get one for themselves. To snatch your custom tee go to www.HamsaFaith.com and follow @hamsafaith on Instagram for pictures and ideas of more products. For just $50 you can rock your lace-up tee or a sweet lacey trimmed halter top, or splurge a little with a $65 long sleeve lace-up for the colder tailgates.

9. Booties

Booties have been a big trend, not just in the south, but throughout the entire country for the past few years. Before we saw them being paired with just jeans, or leggings. But in the past year or so, booties have made their way up to being worn with shorts, rompers, skirts, and even our favorite oversized jerseys. Being comfortable and stylish, girls all over tailgates have loved strutting around campus in their ankle boots. Whether they have a heel or no heel, booties are always a go to for game days.

10. Flannels

Whether it be a cold Saturday night or a blazing Saturday at noon, you can always rock a flannel. These lumberjack looking button down shirts have blown up in the fashion industry in the past two years, and recently they have become extremely popular at college tailgates. Paired with some booties, sandals, converse, or cowboy boots, southern girls sport their school colored flannels either tied around their waist or wearing them normally with a pair of their favorite jeans or denim shorts.

Whatever your outfit choice is for tailgating on Saturdays, make sure it fits your personality and style and that you feel comfortable in it. Being confident about your outfit always guarantees you will look great! So this week consider some of the trends in the south, head to the mall and check out some cute pieces that will sure to make a statement at this weekend’s tailgate!