10 Things From My Childhood That I Am The Most Grateful

Remember all that you have, and not just what you want.

159
DI Lewis

It's very common for humans to get caught up in our everyday lives. One day after another we are constantly trying to take on the day and overcome each obstacle. Some times, we forget about the bigger picture, and what made us the people we are today.

1.For being blessed with a younger sister.

There is no better sister than a younger sister, let alone having one born on your birthday. My whole life, I always wanted a younger sister and on my six birthday, I was blessed with one. I love you Kenzie.

2. For discovering my passion for writing at an early age.

Since the age of six, I had always enjoyed writing. In class, I was that kid that overextended their essays beyond pages. I would keep a journal to my self just for pure joy and have always known that writing brings me happiness.

3. For the neighbors I grew up playing outside with every day.

As a kid, there is no better feeling than playing outside all day with your friends. Thankfully, my best friends were my neighbors, and I don't know what my childhood would have been like without the endless games of Manhunt, Tag wars, or swing set adventures.

4. For my ability to cook.

In seventh grade, I took a course called Family and Consumer Sciences where students learned basic household skills; one of them, in particular, was cooking. I found out at the age of 12 how much I liked to experiment with new recipes and since them, I have always had a love for cooking.

5. For my best friends I've known since elementary school.

Thank you for being my shoulder to cry on, for sticking with me till graduation day, and for being the people I am the most excited to see when we return on breaks. Thank you for all the memories we've made and the many that are to come.

6. My young days as a soccer player.

Playing soccer, and sports, in general, has always been my primary outlet of happiness. I looked forward to soccer practices on the field after long days at school, and there was no feeling more exciting than game days on the weekend. Playing soccer lead to my continued passion for working out.

7. My discovered passion for running.

Thank you running for giving me endless opportunities in high school. Thank you to race days for turning my stomach and heart all into one giant knot and thank you to practices for pushing me to my limits. Thank you running for being my stress reliever outlet after a long day.

8. For my grandma for raising me to be the woman I am today.

We all have that one adult outside of our immediate family who we look up to the most. Mine would be my grandmother, so thank you for teaching me how to care for others, thank you for teaching me how to care for myself, thank you for teaching me to be the bigger person, and to overcome the obstacles life throws at me. Thank you mostly for taking care of me when I was young and needed someone. I love you, Grandma!

9.For being a Communication Studies major.

Thank you for existing, and allowing me to study something I am so interested in and passionate about. Thank you for hopefully leading me to my desired careers. Thank you for introducing me to the most wonderful professors. Thank you for pushing me to improve my writing and speaking skills. Thank you for all that I have learned from you in just this past year.

10.. For my family for being my support system.

Thank you for putting up with me when I was stubborn and didn't want to listen. Thank you for pushing me and believing in me when I didn't have the ability to. Thank you for providing me with a support system, a wonderful home, food on the table, and all that I could ever need.

Take time to think about what you are most grateful for because your heart is full and life has lots to offer.