8 Things All College Kids Are Sick Of Hearing

Chances are, there will be an overly exaggerated eye roll immediately following your question.

9
Huffington Post

Attention: For any of those entering college, be aware that these eight dreadful questions can and will be asked. For any of those who have been to college already and graduated, congratulations! You made it through these eight dreadful questions, no matter how many times they were asked. After reading through you might have some clever comebacks to these questions. With that being said, good luck!

1. Do you have a major yet?

Okay, let’s take things one step at a time here. For starters, at least I’m here “attempting” to get a degree. It’s not always easy being all adult and what not. It was hard enough knowing that one day the dreadful day would come and we would have to put our big boy and big girl pants on and grow up. So excuse me if I have not chosen what I want to do for the rest of my life yet, sometimes I can’t even pick out what cereal I want in the morning.

2. Did you study enough?

I think there are two types of people out there. The first type of person can skip class, go out on weeknights, look at the review sheet the night before, show up 30 minutes late to the class, ask to borrow a pencil and still manage to get an A. The second type of person can go to every single class, stay in on weeknights AND weekends, study till their brains are fried, show up 30 minutes prior to class and fail miserably. So I don’t think studying is something that works for everyone.

3. Did you gain the freshman 15?

Did I gain the...is that cake? Regardless if you gained the freshman 15 or you’re about a cookie or two away from it, don’t worry about it. Own who you are, rock your body, eat the cake, eat the cookie, drink the milkshake and live it up. You can always work it off later.

4. Are you wearing the same shirt you wore last week?

Okay for this question it could go either one of two ways. Either I had the ambition to actually do laundry...shocking I know, there is such thing as a washing machine and soap. Or I wore it in the hopes that nobody would notice, so if you did notice props to you.

5. Are you with anyone?

Are you asking if I’m in a real committed relationship, or just like seeing someone on the downlow but they might not know that you're actually a thing but maybe I tell people we’re a thing but he/she doesn’t even know my name type of thing. So I can’t really answer that question because half of the time I don’t know what it even is to “be with someone” anymore.

6. Did you get a part time job?

Could my part time job consist of watching Netflix and getting paid to give my opinion on pros and cons of shows? No? Alright then no I did not get a part time job. I know at some point we will all be expected to juggle more than one thing at a time, but for now I’m trying to just focus on one thing at a time...the new series that are coming to Netflix, just kidding my classes. I’ll get a job when I graduate. In other words, handouts are welcome.

7. What's your GPA?

My GPA? If you really think about it, it’s just a number right? It’s not like it’ll deter me from having a successful future if it’s not a 4.0. Let’s put it this way, you won’t be asked in an interview what your GPA was right? At least I hope not.

8. What are your future plans?

Like I said before, I can hardly pick out what type of cereal I want in the morning let alone know what my future has to hold. I will take things one step at a time, school, diploma, look for jobs and THEN see where life takes me.