10 Things I Am Thankful For This Thanksgiving

Ice Cream
70

Thanksgiving is right around the corner, it is one of my favorite holidays because food. A holiday that involves friends and family all eating together and talking is just such a sweet holiday that people should not forget celebrating. It is a universal holiday where everyone does the same thing or at least very similar activities. I am going to list the 10 things I am thankful for ranging from people to actual objects

1. My parents: everyone should be thankful for these two great people that created you. My parents are by far the best. My friends tell me all the time how much they love them and I love them too. They are always there for me and support me no matter what I want to do (even though I change my mind so often). I really appreciate them so much and without them I would not be the person I am today. Therefore, I am very grateful for them and everything they have done and taught me throughout my lifetime.
  2. My family (nuclear and extended): My family as a whole are such great, strong, smart, and just amazing people. I look up to everyone and consider everyone a role model. Without these great people in my life, I don’t know what I would do. I love them so much like they love me and I wish nothing more than to be close with everyone and stay close even when I get so much older. In my opinion distance will never outweigh closeness, even if I live far away one day I still wish to be close to them personally because they truly are my backbone.
  3. My friends: I am very grateful for my current friends. They have taught me so many things I cannot even name, they have accepted my crazy self and that alone I should be thankful for. Minus me being crazy I really am thankful for all friends because without them my life would be very boring and I would not be the same person I am today without them.
  4. My favorite professors: I am thankful for my favorite professors because without these great people have taught me resilience, they have taught me to become focused, and they have taught me to become go-getters. My favorite professors will remain anonymous but I still really appreciate them because they bring out the best in me academically and I am so grateful for that.
  5. My resilience: time to be a little bit selfish and talk about me. I truly feel my best quality in my personality is my resilience. I manage to get myself in sticky situations but I also always manage to get myself out of them too and learn from them. I also manage to recover much more quickly than others and I know if I cannot recover as quickly I know to always reach out to people that I can trust. This alone is such a great quality in my personality that I am thankful for and without this I would not be as strong as I am as a woman today.
  6. Odyssey: I am very thankful for Odyssey as well. Without this great website I would not have made as many friends as I do now. I love expressing my opinions on such a great website filled with nothing but supportive people. I love writing so much and I love that I can finally share it with the world.
  7. My bed(s): My bed at home and my dorm bed, I love you both so much. You always have my back (literally) and support me no matter what (literally). The only dilemma is since you are so comforting sometimes I get distracted and fall asleep on you. But still, I am very thankful because napping is defiantly a favorite thing of mine to do.
  8. Makeup: I am very thankful for makeup because it does not cover anything; it brings everything I want out. Makeup brings out my big eyes, creates an even jawline, and shows people how creative I can be with different colors. Makeup is something I am still learning how to use but it is still a great form of art in my opinion because highlighting and contouring is not an easy thing to learn. I appreciate it so much because I love wearing it when I want and I love how I look with it on.
  9. Big calendars: I have a medium sized desk calendar in my dorm and let me tell you it is honestly a life saver. It is not a very large one that teachers have but it is big and takes up space but much smaller and more confined. It has flamingos on it (one of my favorite animals), it keeps me organized and I just appreciate it so much. Now I have no excuse to forget anything because I always write it down on the calendar.
  10. Ice cream: This is a very silly thing to be thankful for but it just is. Ice cream is my favorite dessert and without it I don’t know what I would do. Whenever I want to celebrate something, I go out and get ice cream. If I want to something to eat and I don’t necessarily want dinner, I go out and get ice cream. It is such a delicious treat and it seems silly but it is just one of those many things I am thankful for and truly enjoy having.