10 Taylor Swift Lyrics That Got Really Real

Taylor Swift is a queen, because she has the lyrical mastery of a pro. This just proves it.

155
Instagram

1. "I could build a castle, out of all the bricks they threw at me"

Or, as normal people may recognize, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Taylor is showing us that people won't always like you, but haters gonna hate... And you can either let them dull your light, or let them be blinded by your success. (Song: "New Romantics")

2. "My mistake I didn't know to be in love, you had to fight to have the upper hand"

this one is a very sad realization for some, but love isn't like in the movies. There's a little bit more to the story. Real love isn't limitless. It isn't easy. It takes hard work and dedication... And before you find the right one, you will be hurt. People will let you down. But you can recover from every heartbreak, and learn a valuable lesson about what you want and don't want from a relationship, making your quest for "The One" a little bit easier. (Song: "White Horse" ) (

3. "Time won't fly it's like I'm paralyzed by it ... I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it"

When you've been in a serious relationship, and then it ends... Everything seems wrong. You're hurting, you're trying to figure out who you are without them all over again. And everything seems to be moving in slow motion. Days take forever, and it just feels like nothing is ever going to get better. But eventually, it will. The phrase "it gets better with time" is probably the most cliche line in existence, but it is incredibly true. You'll remember how to live without them, and eventually you'll realize you're ready to move on. (Song: "All Too Well")

4. "In life, you'll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team"

From the song "Fifteen," Taylor basically wrote a fifteen-year-old girls anthem. The whole song is just amazing advice, but this line in particular I feel is relatable to almost anyone. In high school, everything seems so important. Every person you date, or flirt with, seems like this huge milestone, and it's so easy to get swept up in this stuff that winds up not mattering in the end, so every now and again you just need to step back and realize that it won't matter if you dated the quarterback, or if you dated no one. Your life is just getting started, and you have so much potential. (Song: "Fifteen")

5. "Seems the only one who doesn't see your beauty, is the face in the mirror looking back at you"

Preach it, Taylor! A number of times I see these absolutely gorgeous women who refuse to be photographed because they don't think they're pretty, or who wear clothes ten sizes too big to hide their bodies because they aren't comfortable in their skin. Even I struggle to see my own beauty sometimes, but I just play this song and remember that even when I don't see it, T Swizzle does. (Song: "Tied Together With A Smile")

6. "Turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you, wishing I'd realized what I had when you were mine"

Taylor owning up for her mistake, which I'm sure we have all experienced at one time or another. Personally, there have been times where I have gotten out of relationships, and then looked back on them and thought maybe I regretted the decision. Sometimes the only way to see how much something or someone means to you is to lose them. And you aren't able to guarantee you can get them back, so think through the big decisions, because the person who is driving you nuts today, could be your biggest loss next week. (Song: "Back To December")

7. "And don't lose the way that you dance around in your pj's getting ready for school. Oh darling don't you ever grow up"

When you're just wishing away your childhood, you don't always appreciate the little moments until they're gone. Don't sit around wishing your life away. Seize every moment, because you need the good times to look back on when you grow up. Enjoy the little moments, because they will mean so much when you're looking back during the bad times. (Song: "Never Grow Up")

8. "I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on. Oh, I'm just a girl trying to find a place in this world"

You do not have all the answers. That's a fact. So you're going to make mistakes, and you're going to fall flat on your face. You're going to need to be prepared to handle these failures, and learn to pick yourself back up. (Song: "Place In This World")

9. "Cause I'm not your princess, this ain't a fairytale. I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well"

Tay Tay tells it like it is. Not everyone you date can be your prince charming, and until you find them you're probably gonna have to deal with your share of unsavory relationships. But it can and will improve at some point. So keep holding out hope. Your dream person is out there, just trying to find you. (Song: "White Horse")

10. "If you have children some day, when they point to the pictures please tell them my name. Tell em how the crowds when wild, tell em how I hope they shine"

There are people who you will always have these incredible memories with, but they may not make it to the final chapters of your life. However, you still love them and want nothing but the best for them, and everyone they love. Taylor shows here that just because she's not around, doesn't mean she doesn't still appreciate their time in her life. As should you. (Song: "Long Live")