10 Things You Should Know About Being A Spiritual Adrenaline Junkie

You will find balance.
111

As human beings, it is a natural inclination we have toward self-identifying. We empower our own voice, reclaim our own "public image" and shift the conversation with how we decide we want or believe we exist.

In the long list of adjectives that we could all make to describe ourselves, I am sure that all of us would find words that contradict one another or beg for further explanation. The complexities of identity do not begin or end with the single adjective.

Rather, they lie at the intersections of who we are.

I am a spiritual adrenaline junkie and for that, I have always felt confused. I grapple with how to live life to the fullest and how to be my best self among balancing the many other factors that dictate our daily lives. I find these two elements of myself, spiritual and adrenaline junkie can be in friction, but, when I am truly vibrating at my highest, they find cohesion.

Here are 10 things that I think you should know about being a "spiritual adrenaline junkie":

1. The extension of your will may exceed the boundaries of your knowledge and for that you must prepare. Temporary bliss does not mean ultimate success.

2. You will find your "happy" in between the dull and the terrifying. Trust the process of finding a balance; it will be your key to progression.

3. Healing is not linear nor should it be. You will move between your phases, taking steps forward and back. However, you have learned too much to ever retrogress to the darkest corner again.

4. The love you have for your family and for the journey of life itself will save you from your most reckless self.

5. You will feel misunderstood by most, never good enough for the saints and too kind or responsible or introspective for the sinners.

6. There are things that you can only write out of yourself. There are things that you can only pray to be forgiven for. There are things that you can only meditate on, accept and try, try, try to let go of.

7. There is gift in your thirst for adventure, for it allows you to be unafraid in the night, bold in your conviction and willing to go through the pain that many do not.

8. Many moments will be spent contemplating what is morally "good" and many times will you be given the opportunity to actualize that "good." Holding yourself to the highest notion of the "good" may require the self-control of an ascetic. You will find it more accessible to be genuine with yourself and others about your intentions.

9. You will need to remember that even the most seemingly mundane of moments deserve gratitude and awareness.

10. You are a beautiful complexity. Embrace your duality, love the challenges and always continue to learn.