10 Songs To Help You Finish The Semester

A list of ten songs to help you push through and finish out semester

15
Hofstra Student Life

As the calander swiftly breezes through April, that leaves many college students with roughly a month left in school. But the next four weeks shall not be a breeze by any means. This time will send a whirlwind of papers, projects, and exams at students. Lots of studying will happen, and if you're like me, it's hard to study without music playing in the background. Others may find it distracting, but I find that complete silence lets my mind wander more than it should as I study. So, I combat this with a strong Spotify playlist. If you need some new tunes to power your studying as the semester comes to end, check the list below for some inspiration.

1. "Believe"-Finding Neverland

This foot-tapping number from the Broadway musical Finding Neverland will help you believe that can get through finals, even if at the current moment, it seems like a figment of your imagination. With some self-confidence that you're going to do well, you'll do the best you can for exam week.

2. "My Shot"-Hamilton

Sorry friends, I couldn't resist including this one. Just as Alexander Hamilton wasn't giving up on being succesful and making a name for himself, don't throw away your shot at doing well on exams and finishing the semester strong. It may take alot of time to remember what you need to, but if you stick with it, you'll be fine.

3. "How Far I'll Go"-Moana

Just as Moana wonders how far she'll go when she sets sail, you may wonder how far all your hard work will take you. Also, if you know the words like I do, it's pretty hard to not sing along, so that might wake you up a bit if you're up late. You may end up dancing, but hey, it'll keep you awake if you get moving.

4. "Beautiful"-Christina Aguilera

As the song says "Words can't bring me down," the negative things that happend around you, shouldn't keep you from doing well. If someone tells you that the number of hours you spent studying wasn't enough, don't believe them. If they spent ten hours with constant distractions, while you spent five of straight focus, who's the winner there? Also, we're all beautiful people no matter what grades we get

5. "Don't Worry. Be Happy"- Bobby McFerrin

Finals and the end of the semester can be ever so stressing and makes many students worry like crazy. But, if you take a break and breathe, you can keep being happy as a calm while studying all night. Everything will be fine once finals are over, and you can be happy and free on vacation.

6. "Fireflies"-Owl City

This classic song is perfect for when you need to really buckle down and just want something soft and chill playing, but don't want just instrumentals. I also find this song to be relaxing to listen to right before starting to study or begin an exam.

7. "Take On Me"- a-ha

This energizing number can be the perfect solution when you need that song to really get you going when you just have a little more studying to do, but are also so tired. This also gives me flashbacks to high school dances for some reason...

8. "I Won't Give Up"- Jason Mraz

When the outcome of studying looks like you haven't made any progress what so ever, don't give up on yourself. Take a beak to recollect yourself and give studying something that's causing you issues another go. Don't give up hope, you can do most anything you set your mind to if you try hard enough without giving up.

9. "Seize the Day"-Newsies

Take advantage of the time at hand and make the most of every day that you have. You don't want to look back and say, "Geez, that day where I napped for four hours instead of working, didn't seem to be as grat as I thought it would be." Carpe Diem, my friends.

10. "One Day More"- Les Miserables

One more day til this exam, one more day until this presentation, then freedom. You just gotta push through until then. Just like there was one more day until revolution, there will be one day, eventually, that seperates you from freedom.

As the next hectic weeks go by, stay focused and finish strong. It'll be over before you know it. Grab some headphones and buckle down for the chaos that will ensure leading up to finals. Good luck, and may the odds be in your favor.