10 Simple and Natural Beauty Tips That Will Make You Glow

You don't need to pile on makeup every day to look and feel beautiful.

830
Via MelancholiaPhotography @ pixabay.com

Wearing makeup is fun and can make you feel gorgeous, but you can be beautiful without it. Practice these 10 simple and natural beauty tips that will make you glow without any makeup and save the cosmetics for special occasions.

Use the Right Cleanser for Your Type of Skin

Taking care of your skin is incredibly important if you want to go all-natural. Wearing foundation every day is terrible for your skin because it clogs pores and makes you break out, leading you to put on even more foundation. It's a vicious cycle that can only be broken by avoiding foundation and taking care of your skin. The first step to taking care of you face is finding the right type of cleanser. Figure out your skin type and find a cleanser that washes away the dirt and excess oils without drying your face out or making it even more oily. Cleanse your face in the morning and in the evening.

Exfoliate Every 2-3 Days

Exfoliating is a great way to remove excess oils, clean out pores, and clear away dead skin cells. It will leave your skin feeling soft and looking super healthy. You can exfoliate every 2-3 days, but no more than that. Exfoliating too often can dry out your skin by pulling away all of the natural oils your skin produces each day.

Moisturize Every Day

Just as you need to find the right cleanser for your skin, you also need to find the right moisturizer. If you have oily skin, use a light moisturizer that will leave your skin feeling soft and not greasy. I love using a moisturizer with tea tree oil because the tea tree helps to pull out some of the excess oil leaving my skin feeling perfectly soft. If you have dry skin, find a heavier moisturizer that gives your skin the extra moisture that it needs to feel and look great. You should moisturize your skin at least every night. If you have dry skin, you should also moisturize in the mornings.

Take Care of Your Teeth

Your smile may be the first thing people notice about you. A bright and beautiful smile can make anyone glow, so make sure you take care of your pearly whites. You can use charcoal to help whiten your teeth and get rid of stains or go to the dentist for a professional whitening. If you need more extensive dental care, read more now about some types of dental implants you can get.

Always Wash Away Makeup Each Night

No matter what makeup you wear, it's incredibly important that you always wash it away before going to bed. Leaving makeup on overnight can lead to clogged pores, acne breakouts, wrinkles, and make your skin look unhealthy. If you don't want to spend the time doing a full face wash every night, get some micellar water that attracts dirt and oil and apply it to your skin with a cotton pad. This will remove your makeup in one minute without having to do anything else.

Protect Your Skin

Protecting your skin from the sun is super important if you want to avoid unhealthy skin and early wrinkles. You should always wear sunscreen on your face when you go outside, even if it's cloudy out. You can find great, gentle face moisturizers that have SPF in them to help protect your skin from the sun and keep it healthy for the years to come.

Use All-Natural Hair Products

Most shampoos and conditioners are full of harmful chemicals that are terrible for your hair. These chemicals dry out the natural oils in your hair, leading to dead ends and frizziness. There are some great, all-natural hair care options you can find. Your hair will look and feel more healthy and you won't be absorbing any harmful chemicals anymore. You can also use all-natural hair masks to help damaged hair recover and give your hair the healthy oils that it needs to shine and feel soft again.

Groom Your Brows

Your eyebrows shape your whole face, which is why it's important to keep them well-groomed at all times. This doesn't mean you need to apply makeup. You just need to brush them, shape them, and apply the gel. This will train your eyebrows and keep any stray hairs from sticking out of the eyebrow curve. Try not to overdo your brows as this can make them look worse and unnatural. Work with what you have and take care of them each day. It will make a big difference in your appearance without having to use any makeup.

Practice Self-Care Every Day

Stress can lead to wrinkles and unhealthy-looking skin. It can cause bad acne breakouts that will only go away when your stress dissipates. Reduce your daily stress by practicing self-care each day. You can meditate for 20 minutes, do a session of yoga, workout, or anything else that grounds you and releases stress. It may not seem like these things are related to skin beauty, but when you see how different you look and feel from reducing stress, you'll be convinced.

Drink Plenty of Water

Drinking water is important for our overall health. In fact, being dehydrated can cause problems in all aspects of health including digestion, energy level, and skin health. When you start drinking at least 8 cups of water each day, you'll be shocked to see how much of a positive impact it has on your overall health and how you look and feel. Try to replace other beverages like soda and sugary juices with water to keep up your water intake. I usually only allow myself one caffeinated beverage per day (coffee or green tea) and the rest of the day I only drink water.