10 Signs You Are In The Right Relationship

9. They aren’t afraid to show you off.

29
Huff Post

Being in a relationship can be difficult, especially if you are questioning if the one that you are currently in is the right one for you. These ten things are crucial in any relationship that wants to last the test of time. Keep in mind that the "right person" looks different for everyone, but should most definitely include these ten things!

1. You can trust each other.

If you cannot trust your partner, there are deeper issues in your relationship. Being able to be open and honest with your partner will allow your relationship to feel much less stressful. Furthermore, you will not spend all your time being nervous that your partner is doing something that they shouldn’t be. To conclude, if you have to tell your boyfriend or girlfriend where they can or cannot go, or who they can or cannot speak to, that is not trust, and you should not be in that relationship.

2. They are faithful to you.

This one is a no brainer. If you are with someone who constantly cheats on you, you need to get out of that relationship. The right person for you will be the person that never places themselves in situations where their faithfulness to you is compromised. If they truly love you, they will respect the integrity of your relationship and hold themselves up to a certain standard in order to uphold that.

3. You guys have similar life goals.

Being on a similar life path is crucial in determining whether your relationship will last the test of time. Understanding if your partner wants to have children one day, wants to eventually get married, wants to travel a lot or maybe not at all, are all questions that will lead you to understand if you and your partner are compatible in the long run.

4. You share some hobbies in common.

When school and work are over, being able to sit down and do something that you love with the person you love is the best way to connect with your partner. Cooking, dancing, hiking, working out, watching movies, playing board games, napping, stargazing; the activity itself doesn’t really matter, just the fact that you are doing it together. The right person will have some, but maybe not all, things in common with you!

5. He/She makes you laugh.

Happiness in a relationship can often times stem from you and your partner being able to bond over the silly things that you find funny together. The right person will be completely on board to watch that video of a panda sneezing for the hundredth time because they find it just as cute and hilarious as you do! Laughter is also key because it is the best pick-me-up in any situation when you might be feeling down. The right person will be able to bring a smile back on your face in no time because they know you and what will make you feel better.

6. He/She helps you through the bad.

Every relationship goes through ups and downs. What is key is that you guys come out of the hard times, no matter how long they persist, as a stronger couple. The right person will stick with you through your lowest moments, and never leave your side as you deal with the harshness life sometimes has to offer.

7. You guys get along with each other's siblings.

Now this one is a little odd, but still very important. Parents are often hard to impress, but if you are someone who is close with your siblings, you can typically feel if the person your sibling is with is a bad seed. Even if you aren’t close with your siblings, the right person will take the time to get to know your family and be kind to them. If they don’t treat your family right, they might not be the right person for you. Furthermore, having your siblings be comfortable around your partner and vice versa creates a sense of harmony, which adds only positive vibes to your relationship.

8. You guys are exclusive to one another.

The right person is the one that wants to be with you and only you. If you are looking for a committed relationship, then you should be with someone who wants to be in one, too. If you are looking to be in one and your partner is hooking up with a couple different people other than you, that is not the person for you because you want different things (see tip number 3).

9. They aren’t afraid to show you off.

I am not one who fully supports constantly flaunting one’s relationship on social media because I do believe that many couples use the likes they get on Instagram as validation for their relationship. However, no signs of your relationship on social media can also be a red flag. The right person will be willing to post cute pictures of you guys every once and a while, just to show that they are proud of your relationship. #couplegoals.

10. They challenge you and make you a better person.

The right person for you will be the person that challenges you to be better when you stop challenging yourself. They will be the person who motivates you to be the best version of yourself and who cheers you on when you achieve your goals. The right person for you will bring out the best sides of your personality and allow those sides to blossom. Overall, this person will never hold you back from your dreams and aspirations, doing everything that they can to be there for you while you are on your journey to achieve them.