10 Road Trips To Take From Tallahassee

10 Road Trips To Take From Tallahassee

Tallahassee is the perfect location for road trips.

2176
10 Road Trips To Take From Tallahassee
Sarah Horne

Located in the panhandle of Florida, Tallahassee is the perfect place for road trips because of its close proximity to the beach, Georgia, and Alabama. From just under 3 miles to 141 miles, these road trips are a must while residing in Tallahassee.

1. Lake Ella (2.6 Miles)

This is one of my favorite spots in Tally. Not only is there a beautiful lake, but there are also small shops to look in as well as a few food locations. Also, every month there is a food truck Thursday which is really fun to attend.

2. Maclay Gardens (8.7 Miles)

This beautiful state park showcases tons of flowers in addition to a beautiful reflecting pool and a view of Lake Overstreet. Prices increase during peak blooming season for the flowers, but even during the winter the park is gorgeous.

3. Wakulla Springs (16 Miles)

This is one of the closest state parks to Tallahassee. The main reason why it is on my list is because of the manatees. During the winter, manatees travel to these Springs for warm water and food sources. There is also plenty of other wildlife as well as hiking, swimming, and boat tours.

4. St. Marks Lighthouse (27 Miles)

Another one of the locations on my bucket list, the Lighthouse as well as the surrounding area is breathtaking. It is perfect for picnics and pictures.

5. Thomasville (37 Miles)

This is the closest Georgia town to Tallahassee that is fun to visit. It has a ton of cute restaurants and boutiques as well as plenty of perfect places for pictures. I recommend to go during their Christmas celebration. During this festival, they decorate the town and cover the streets with food vendors and other fun events including a live nativity and a fire pit for chestnuts and marshmallows.

6. Florida Caverns State Park (68 Miles)

This state park is a unique experience and is the only one in the state of Florida to offer cave tours to the public. In addition to the caves, there is also fishing and canoeing.

7. St. George Island (80 Miles)

This is the closest beach to Tallahassee and it is beautiful. The town nearby is quaint and there is plenty of good restaurants to choose from.

8. National Peanut Festival {Dothan, Alabama} (100 Miles)

Even though I haven’t attended this festival yet, it is on my list of things to do. It occurs from November 3-12 and tickets are decently cheap depending on whether you include an ampitheatre ticket. It is a unique experience to check off of a bucketlist and creates a fun anecdote for conversation.

9. Panama City Beach (100 Miles)

If you want a more public beach with some tourist attractions, this road trip is for you. It is definitely a full day trip, but the beaches are beautiful and there are plenty of good places for lunch or dinner.

10. Providence Canyon (141 Miles)

This is my favorite road trip by far. Known as the “Little Grand Canyon,” this is one of the seven natural wonders of Georgia and it is stunning. Make sure to explore the bottom of all the canyons!

Even though my time of road tripping from Tallahassee is far from over, this is the ten best road trips that I have taken or are on my bucket list. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have/will!