10 Reasons Why It's Time We Ban Cigarettes

Giving up your freedom to rolled up tobacco is foolish.
610

You've heard the statistics. You know, the ones that go something like: Cigarette smoking accounts for more than 480,000 deaths every year (or 1 of every 5 deaths), or that every single day a little more than 3,200 children/teens under 18 smoke their first cigarette. Maybe you find this boring, or maybe your school's assembly views on smoking were bland . Maybe you even think this article is pointless, and you're searching for your Menthols at the moment. Whatever your stance on smoking may be, it's time America bans cigarettes.

1. About 9 out of 10 lung cancer cases are due to smoking.

2. On average, smokers die about 13 years earlier than those who do not smoke.

3. 1 out of every 13 children in the US die from smoking.

4. Smokers are almost 50% more likely to develop diabetes than those who do not smoke.

5. More than 18 million couples have trouble concieving because of smoking.

6. Anywhere between 12% and 20% of smokers continue to smoke while pregnant.

7. Babies and kids who were in the womb while their mother was smoking are much more likely to be born with sudden infant death syndrome, asthma, heart defects, and other disabilities.

8. There are countless dangers and zero benefits to smoking.

9. Putting cigarettes in convenience stores and gas stations promotes people to try smoking.

10. If you smoke a pack of cigarettes every day, you lose about $10,000 every year.