10 Reasons Why Halloween Is The Best Holiday

It's the one night a year when you can literally be anything you want to be.

283
Natasha Trivedi

Halloween: Costumes, candy, Jack O' Lanterns, and more. It's no wonder so many people love this holiday. Here are some of the reasons why Halloween is my favorite holiday.

Getting a Costume

For me, this is one of the most fun parts of Halloween. There are so many options out there, and there are more and more each year. Yes, it can be overwhelming, but it’s very exciting at the same time. And in this day and age, nothing is plain and generic. For example, if you want to be a witch, you can be any type of witch you want. Also, every costume has accessories! Even If you’re making your own costume, there’s so much you can do with it. The more creative, the better.

Candy, candy, CANDY!!!

Who doesn’t love Candy? Buying candy, Trick-Or-Treating, trading candy, eating candy… you get the point. It’s all amazing.

Decorations

If you’re anything like me, you’re completely obsessed with Halloween decorations. At home, I like to go all out. Model graveyard, typical Halloween figurines and decals, strobe lights, fog machine, sound effects, webs everywhere, giant spiders, and more. When I’m away at school, I obviously can’t do as much, but I do what I can with door decorations and pumpkins. The process is so much fun, and the end result is always amazing.

Halloween Parties

Halloween parties are the best kind of party there is. You get to dress up even more than usual, there are endless snacks, and there are so many games. It doesn’t get much better than that.

Movies

This doesn’t just mean horror movies. They can literally be any genre, and I’ve never come across once that I haven’t absolutely fallen in love with. Personally, my favorites are mostly comedies like Beetlejuice.

Trick-Or-Treating

Candy is awesome. Costumes are awesome. Put them together and you get Trick-Or-Treating, which is the biggest reason why Halloween is my favorite holiday. Even without the candy and costumes, there’s always the thrill of walking around at night with your friends.

The Process Of Getting ready

Costumes and accessories are only half the fun. Halloween is the one night of the year when you can be anything you want, so make sure you go all out. A big part of this usually involves a lot of crazy makeup, and while it can take a while, the end result is never not worth it.

Seeing All The Costumes

As much as I love getting dressed up, seeing everyone else on Halloween is also great. It’s always exciting to watch others express their creativity.

Jack O’ Lanterns

If you have a pumpkin obsession like I do, chances are you also love Jack O’ Lanterns. Whether you’re a master carver/ painter or just an amateur, Jack O’ Lanterns are fun for everyone!

Halloween Music

Michael Jackson’s Thriller. Need I say more?