11 Reasons December Babies' Birthdays Are Better

Double discounts and double gifts? Yes please!

138
wikimedia

It truly is the most magical time of year! Even more so for my fellow December babies! We get to chow down on holiday ham and birthday cake, Christmas and birthday gifts, and let's be honest here, everything in between October 31 and December 31 is SPECTACULAR. Here are 11 reasons proving that they are!

1. What better way to celebrate the end of the year than Christmas AND your birthday?

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to- HAVE A HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS!

It's the end of the year, and that means everyone is celebrating that the year is almost over and a new one begins! Everyone gets to look forward to Christmas dinner and the hottest New Years party, but us December babies have another celebration up our sleeve!

Our birthday falls amongst the festivities, which usually makes our birthday more exciting and easy to celebrate! Everyone's already in a celebratory mood, so naturally, their holiday joy becomes birthday joy for us! It's simple math, really!

2. We get to eat extra food, and no one can judge us!

Go ahead, eat that piece of birthday cake, and then get some honey baked ham!

At the end of the year, the expected extra eating begins! Thanksgiving dinner, Halloween candy, Christmas cookies and allof the holiday leftovers! You do know what it means for us December babies, right?

That's correct! We get another extra meal! Birthday cake and ice cream! We get to eat even more junk food besides the pumpkin pie and the Christmas pudding without anyone judging us for it! It's our birthday for crying out loud! Birthday cake WILL be eaten!

3. Needless to say: Christmas and Birthday gifts!

Feel like your Xmas gift request list is too long? Split it in half: half for your birthday and half for Christmas!

For some December bundles of joy, we get double the gifts in December! We may not get a whole lot on both, but we still have two times in a month that it is a tradition for people to buy us gifts! How awesome is that!

It's also easier on the gift buyers because December is discount central of the year! Everyone is shopping for Christmas, so the sales pop up like daisies! Even more of a reason for you to buy yourself that new Xbox you've had your eye on! Or Playstation, this is a judge free zone!

4. You get to look at beautiful snow and twinkling lights on your birthday!

Such beautiful scenery to celebrate the day you were born!

What better way to celebrate your birthday than playing in the snow and gazing at some Christmas lights! It's the perfect thing to do if you have no plans for your birthday, and most of the time, it's free! Nothing warms the heart and spirit like sipping hot cocoa and watching the snowfall.

For me, personally, it's a great time for me to reflect on the past year and think about how I've grown as a person up until this day, my birthday. With the joy and the cheer everywhere, it's really easy to think about everything you're lucky and blessed to have! You get to have the holiday and birthday feels!

5. Did I forget to mention: Holiday AND Birthday discounts?!

Did someone say free coffee AND 20 percent off of Victoria Secret?

Of course, another reason why people born in December start getting excited: combined holiday and birthday discounts! Whether it's buying Christmas gifts for others or buying yourself a birthday makeup kit from Sephora, it's the perfect time to shop!

You end up waist high in discount codes, coupons and maybe even a free coffee here or there! It makes the end of the year even more magical!

6. You get to share your birthday with a lot of amazing celebrities!

You were born the same day as a legend. That means you were born awesome!

Anyone who shares a birthday with Ozzy is automatically awesome! (That includes me!) So many talented and spectacular people are born in December. If you google your December birthday, you'll find that you share a birthday with at least one legend.

It's pretty neat to think about! Celebrity birthday twins include Ozzy Osbourne, Amanda Seyfried, Bette Midler, Britney Spears, Brad Pitt and more!

7. Realizing you're a Valentine's Day baby as well!

You were the result of candlelight and champagne! Or at least that's how the movies depict it.

I know it's not the most pleasant thing to think about, but if you're born in December, that means that there's a chance that you were made from a romantic night!

You could also use that excuse when you buy discounted candy on February 15th! You were conceived around Valentine's Day, so you must celebrate with chocolate! Lots of chocolate!

8. You get to be around family for your birthday celebration!

Group hugs everyone! Now, where's my gift, Aunt Susan?

The family usually gets together for the holiday season, whether it's to exchange gifts, have a dinner together or just to see how everyone has been this past year.

Since your birthday falls in this magical month, you can spend your birthday with more of your family! It's always nice to see relatives during Christmas, but it's even better when you get to see them on Christmas and your birthday!

9. Christmas movie marathon anyone?

I personally love the idea of opening gifts while watching "The Grinch."

If you don't feel like going out and partying for your birthday, that is completely fine! Instead, you can stay inside, enjoy some birthday cake and hot cider, turn on some good feeling Christmas movies and relax!

Nothing warms the heart like Hallmark Christmas movies and an electric blanket. And if you don't have a special someone to cozy up to, look at the bright side, more room for you in bed, and you don't have to share cake!

10. Your house is already decorated for your birthday!

Twinkling lights, stockings and the beautiful tree!

If you're like me, you LOVE decorating for the holidays! Putting up the tree, the lights, the stockings, even bringing out the holiday plates and bowls!

I usually do my holiday decorating before my birthday (December 3) so when I wake up on my birthday, I can enjoy the glistening lights and my sparkly tree!

Decorating for the holidays can put anyone in a good mood! Whether you do it on your birthday, or before, it's a foolproof way to get in the joyful mood of celebration!

11. Hello, cute birthday sweater selfies!

Let's be honest: Taking a cute, cuddly birthday selfie is the cherry on top of a perfect December birthday!

Everyone loves to take the perfect selfie for their birthday! December babes get to have their selfie include a nice cozy sweater, and perhaps a hot chocolate (or champagne!).

It's so easy to take an adorable selfie in a cute sweater, and of course, it gets more love because it's a birthday selfie! Rock your ugly Christmas sweaters, and slay my Birthday Queens!

Enjoying your birthday in December is such an amazing thing to do, and even though it can sometimes mean that it's more stressful, just keep a focus on all of the good that's coming this month!

I hope everyone has a wonderful birthday/Christmas, and just remember all of the good you have in your life! Don't forget to leave a piece of birthday cake out for St. Nick!