10 Reasons To Support Local Businesses

10 Reasons To Support Local Businesses

I won't lie, I do shop at places like Trader Joe's.

4
10 Reasons To Support Local Businesses
Megan Sharma

So recently one of my favorite local cafes shut down due to the coronavirus pandemic and honestly, I'd prefer them over Starbucks any day. So this topic hits pretty close to home because right now, it is more important than ever to support local business and the pay off is huge. It is as simple as, going to a local Chinese restaurant vs. Mcdonalds one day, its also so cost-effective, fun, unique, and gives support to your community. I am very big on being a "practice what you preach" kind of girl, this can be seen from the restaurants, cafes, and stores that I go to as well as the fact that I go to local farmer's market's when I can. I won't lie, I do shop at places like Trader Joe's but I try to establish a healthy balance, so here are a few reasons why you should, too!

1. It improves the local economy!

2. Local food has so many health benefits (even when I'm out of town I look for farm-to-table restaurants).

3. It keeps us unique (meaning you won't just see brands everywhere, you'll have local and personal elements that makes it "your home").

4. It's more personal!

5. You know who is behind the product, often times the owner will be the person selling it to you directly.

6. You'll feel unique.

7. It's good for the environment (local business leaves less of a carbon footprint).

8. It's local! (yeah, no sh*t... but no, seriously! This stuff is ran by your neighbors!)

9. They rely on us to keep them afloat, seriously Starbucks is a corporation you can get anywhere, you can only get that specific cup of coffee, from that specific cafe, in your city from that local spot. So it mostly attracts local customers.

10. It's a chain reaction, local businesses usually support other local businesses.