10 Reasons Why North By South Is The Best New College Brand

With endless combinations in your favorite team's colors, you need these T-shirts in your closet.

17
Northbysouthapparel.com

As millennials, we're constantly searching for new trends. Styles change, but what hasn't changed much is the college wardrobe—that is, wearing T-shirts pretty much daily. After learning about North by South, a T-shirt company founded by an alumni of Georgetown University and Sigma Phi Epsilon, I realized that I've found the next big thing.

North by South's shirts combine the formality of a men's tie with the comfort of a T-shirt, making it an easy addition to anyone's closet. Here are just a few reasons why NxS is the best new college brand, but be sure to check out Northbysouthapparel.com or like their Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages for more information about the products and upcoming sales.

1. It updates the most popular item in a college student's closet—the T-shirt.

College students, both men and women alike, enjoy wearing T-shirts to class. It's by far the easiest choice when you're rolling out of bed 20 minutes before class starts.

2. The pockets are made from men's neckties.

Because of the difference in texture, the pockets look (and feel) really cool in person, not to mention the patterns and designs draw people's attention without being too flashy. Plus, for ladies, it's a cute way to rock a men's wardrobe staple.

3. NxS was started by a college student.

We all dream of becoming great people after graduation, right? Well, the founder of NxS, Matt Aronson, started the company while he was still an undergrad, proving that good ideas don't have to wait until you have your degree.

4. They partner with the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

What's better than a company that loves to give back? NxS supports the Make-a-Wish Foundation of Central and Western North Carolina, and will be donating a portion of their 2016 sales to the organization in order to help children with life-threatening illnesses.

5. The pockets come in your favorite school, city, or team's colors.

NxS allows you to show your school or team pride in a unique way. With names like "The Tallahassee" or "The ATL," it's easy to identify your college or hometown. Plus, the pockets pair well with almost any of the shirt colors.

6. There are different fits for women and men.

As much as sorority women love their big T-shirts, sometimes, it's nice to have the option to wear a shirt that isn't, well, huge. NxS gives you the option to choose from a men's or a women's collection, which changes the cut of the shirt while still giving you the same patterns and colors to choose from.

7. They pair well with almost anything.

The best thing about these shirts is that they complement pretty much anything you're wearing, whether it's sweatpants, jeans, khakis, or leggings. Because NxS shirts can be dressed up or down, they're a great addition to anyone's closet, whether you're trying to look preppy or casual.

8. They're customizable and unique.

With 25 different pocket patterns and five shirt colors to choose from, the combinations are endless. You can buy multiple shirts while still getting a completely different look from every single one. Plus, these shirts are unique, and you'll be setting the trend for your classmates.

9. They allow you to dress up while dressing down.

Being comfortable doesn't have to mean looking sloppy! North by South enhances the classic T-shirt with a tie pocket, which can make even the most casual outfit look more professional. Plus, you can wear them to class, while lounging around the house, or for your weekend adventures.

10. The brand focuses on positivity and individuality.

On social media, NxS's "Tuesday Tips" feature quotes to inspire followers. The much needed motivation, especially during those stressful times during the semester, emphasize the idea that anything is possible (like starting your own company while still in college). Knowing that North by South seeks to put positive vibes into the world makes me feel even better about wearing this brand.