10 Reasons A Grandma Is A Blessing

10 Reasons A Grandma Is A Blessing

5. Of course, they make great food.

440
10 Reasons A Grandma Is A Blessing
Marina Maynard

I am extremely lucky to have my grandma as such a huge part of my life. I would not be who I am today if it weren’t for her. Grandmas have so much love and compassion to give. It's no secret that they also make very good food! Here are just a few of the thousands of reasons why grandmas are blessings.

1. They spoil you, not just with things and great food, but with their time.

Yeah, getting spoiled with clothes, presents, and food is great. But what's even better is that they spoil you with quality time together.

2. They know what you love.

They know all of your interests and things you are passionate about. They even surprise you with things they know you will love. When I came home for fall break, my grandma surprised me with a pumpkin we could carve and my favorite cookies.

3. They always know how to make you feel better.

When you are upset, grandmas always know what to say to cheer you up. They have the best advice because they have been through all the same things before. They also may take you out for ice cream, which is the answer to most problems.

4. They are wise.

Even though my grandma looks like she’s not a day over 30, she has been around a while (no offense grandma). They have learned a lot in their time and share their wisdom with you. It seems like they always know what’s right.

5. Of course, they make great food.

I would argue that my grandma cooks the best food in the world. Nothing is better than her homemade spaghetti. Something about grandma’s cooking just makes it so much better than anyone else's, maybe because it’s made with love.

6. They are like another parent to you.

Sometimes, they are just as close to you as you are with your parents. You feel like you can talk to them about anything.

7. They are your personal doctor when you're feeling under the weather.

They will not hesitate to make you soup, or bring you crackers and 7-up when you are not feeling well. They will also be the first to tell you to stay hydrated and get some rest.

8. They show you what hard work is.

They did not get where they are today by not working hard. It's admirable how they have worked through so many things in their lives, not just with jobs, but personal conflicts as well.

9. They are one of your biggest supporters.

My grandma came to every single sports event and awards ceremony, where she cheered me on the entire time. Not many other people make that much of an effort to be involved in your life, but grandma’s do.

10. They genuinely care about how your life is going.

My grandma will text me almost every day to ask how I’m doing, just to make sure I’m okay. I’m lucky that I have a super cool grandma that knows how to text and send me emojis. Every grandma has their own ways of showing how much they care about you.