6 Quotes That Will Change The Way You Think

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
156

I am not a big reader, which is ironic because I love to write. However, there have been a few quotes that I have read along the way that have influenced me more than I could have ever imagined. Words usually run their way past me, unless I am the one putting them down on paper. Throughout the past few years, every time I heard or read something that resonated with me, I wrote it down. Here are a few quotes that made me stop and think.

1. "I could hear my heart beating I could hear everyone's heart. I could hear the human noise we sat there making, not one of us moving, not even when the room went dark,"

-Raymond Carver

2. "I wanted so badly to lie down next to her on the couch, to wrap my arms around her and sleep. Not fuck, like in those movies. Not even have sex. Just sleep together in the most innocent sense of the phrase. But I lacked the courage and she had a boyfriend and I was gawky and she was gorgeous and I was hopelessly boring and she was endlessly fascinating. So I walked back to my room and collapsed on the bottom bunk, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane.”-John Green, Looking For Alaska

3. "Do you know what the problem with living in a fishbowl is? Everyone can see you."-Wish I Was Here

4. “Life is funny, isn’t it? Just when you think you’ve got it all figured out, just when you finally begin to plan something, get excited about something, and feel like you know what direction you’re heading in, the paths change, the signs change, the wind blows the other way, north is suddenly south, and east is west, and you’re lost. It is so easy to lose your way, to lose direction. And that’s with following all the signposts.”-Cecelia Ahem, Love, Rosie

5. “An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's.”- J.D Salinger, Franny and Zooey

6. “A strange and baffling truth: that the people we're supposed to know best can turn out to be strangers, and that near strangers can feel so much like home.”

-Lauren Oliver, Replica