10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before You Step Into A Relationship

Here are some tough questions that you should ask yourself before you take your relationships to another level.
37

So many people just jump into relationships nowadays. They don’t take the time to really evaluate the relationship they’re in or the relationship they’re about to get into. They’re so easily attracted to the mere idea of having a significant other that they don’t realize how costly a relationship can be, and why it is necessary to look before you fall.

Here are questions that you should ask yourself before you take your relationships to another level.

1. Do you trust this person as a friend? How have they earned your trust?
  2. Does this person make you a better person? Or are they making you compromise on any values that you hold fast to?
  3. Do you feel genuine peace about the relationship? Or do you constantly feel like it’s a struggle to “keep” this person, i.e. you are always have to please this person in order for them to stay?
  4. Do they always strive to pray through tough circumstances and work out problems with you? Or do they give up easily?
  5. Are you both seeking after a closer relationship with God? Or is God left on the back-burner?
  6. Does this person support your God-given dreams and visions? Or do they hinder the plans you know God has for your life?
  7. Are they always encouraging you? Or do they put you down?
  8. Does this person like you for all the right reasons? Or do they like you for shallow reasons?
  9. Do you feel like this person is leading you to make good decisions? Or are you making excuses for them constantly?
  10. Are you in this relationship purely out of love for this person? Or because you don’t want to be alone?

If you answer no to one or more of these questions, maybe it’s time to reevaluate your relationship and ask yourself whether or not this relationship will add to who you are or take away from who you were called to be.