10 Must-Visit Spots In New York City

10 Must-Visit Spots In New York City

I don't know if t's the constant bustling of people walking by, or the smell of gyros from the food trucks, but it is a one-of-a-kind city to me.

79
10 Must-Visit Spots In New York City
Thousand Wonders

The Big Apple. The Concrete Jungle. The city that never sleeps. Whatever you want to call it, New York City is the one place that warms my heart every time I visit it. I don't know if it's the repetitive sound of cars honking, the smell of air pollution of all of the buses, the constant bustling of people walking by, or the smell of gyros from the food trucks, but it is a one-of-a-kind city to me. In order to get the full experience of the city, there are a few places that you must visit.

1. High Line

The High Line is an elevated park in the Meatpacking District and Chelsea neighborhoods of New York City. It offers captivating views of the city, as well as Hoboken, since it runs parallel to the Hudson River. Whether you are out for a jog, or to take some photographs, this park is a must-see.

2. Chelsea Market

Located in Chelsea (obviously), Chelsea Market has breathtaking views upon entrance. There are restaurants, boutiques, shops such as Anthropologie, and more. It is not too far of a walk from the High Line, so it is easy to kill two birds with one stone.

3. Sugar Factory American Brasserie

The Sugary Factory (known for its large, sugary drinks called goblets) is located in the Meatpacking District. They also have milkshakes that are expensive, but to die for. It is an upscale restaurant and is certainly worth visiting.

4. Grand Central Terminal

Even if you're not taking the train anywhere, visiting Grand Central Terminal is a must. You will probably never see a train station that is so enchanting. It has been the setting of several movies and is an iconic part of the city.

5. Bryant Park

Bryant Park is one of the smaller parks in New York City, only encompassing two blocks. There is a café, tables to play board games, and food stands. People often place their towels on the grass, similar to Central Park. It is a great place to escape the crowds of people in the city.

6. Broadway

Even if you don't particularly like theatre (and I usually don't), it is essential to go to at least one Broadway show in your lifetime. It is inspiring to see the talent of these performers, whether they are singing, dancing, or performing acrobatics. I have seen School of Rock, Aladdin, and Cirque du Soleil, and cannot even choose which one I liked the best because they were all so awe-inspiring.

7. Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum

The Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum is without doubt one of the most underrated museums in New York City. Admission allows guests to tour the USS Growler, a submarine that was utilized during the Cold War. It allows everyday citizens to gain a different perspective on the conditions those in the navy were living in back in the 1960s. Those who aren't in the military would likely find this museum interesting, as I did.

8. Central Park

As most are probably aware, Central Park is one of the most well-known, most visited parks in the United States. When you are there, you forget that you're in the largest city in America. Whether you are sunbathing on the Great Lawn, taking a trip to the zoo, or renting paddleboats, it is an unforgettable experience.

9. Metropolitan Museum of Art

One of the most visited art museums in the world, the Metropolitan Museum of Art provides a cultural experience, as it displays art from Ancient Egypt, the Roman Empire, and much more. I have visited other art museums in the city, and none have lived up to the Met. Another perk is that it is free; a small donation is recommended, but not required.

10. George Washington Bridge

If you are from New Jersey, you most likely drive across the George Washington Bridge to travel to the city. Many do not think to just simply walk across it. From Fort Lee, walking across the bridge takes about a half hour and is only a mile and a half long walk. The view of the skyline at night is even better than in the picture above. (Warning: you might encounter quite a few impatient bike riders).