Beating the Heat: 10 Hot Netflix Originals That Will Give You More Reasons To Stay Indoors

It's okay to binge-watch an entire series in one sitting, especially when it's too hot too function.

39
Digital Trends

Netflix has released tons of original content in the last few years! Whether it's a show about a girl who has powers and loves waffles or a show about women in prison, there is definitely something for everyone. A lot of these shows come in different genres and have attracted followings with millions of people from all around the world. As if you need another reason to sit at home for an entire weekend with nothing but PJ's and buckets of junk food, check out these ten shows.

1. "Gypsy"

If you're looking for a thriller with a dramatic flair and characters who you'll either probably hate or will probably love, this is the total package. "Gypsy" is a tense drama filled with twists and turns that go on within its first season. The protagonist; a character played by the wonderful Naomi Watts, who is a therapist. She's a great one, although she is a person who seems a bit too interested in her patients. The performances feel so real and have you shaking the entire time.

2. "Master Of None"

Dating is fun, right? Well, sometimes it can be. This series starring comedian Aziz Ansari, depicts the life of a normal nerdy guy who can't seem to find the right one. It follows his attempts to get a woman who fits his needs. It's a rollercoaster ride of helpful dating advice for our generation.

3. "Love"

This is must see is a romantic, but comedic, bowl of emotions. A sex addict and an average guy meet and it all just becomes crazy from there. Buckle down for two seasons of romantic but great, cheesy chaos.

4. "The Ranch"

This raunchy sitcom involving the great Ashton Kutcher has many nostalgic similarities to "That's 70's Show." The jokes that are given throughout the show are so well delivered that they will seriously keep you laughing for hours. In some odd way, it's actually kind of relatable too.

5. "F Is For Family"

I must either be really into raunchy comedies or just comedy in general. Which isn't a bad thing, it never is. In fact, this original animated series, helmed by the voice of the iconic Bill Burr, shows the weirdness that goes on with this his family on the daily basis. There is great voice work that makes it enjoyable for those who love animated comedies. It's very similar to "Family Guy," yet unique and different.

6. "House of Cards"

This phenomenal, groundbreaking creation of a Netflix original is lead by Kevin Spacey, -- a genius of an actor may I say. I call him a genius because the way he carries on the five seasons (so far) and builds his character's charisma with the other lead and supporting characters is remarkable. This politically driven plate of drama includes love and a dark, twisted touch to it. Not much of a thriller but more of showing the deep dark angle of politics that the public doesn't see.

7. Marvel's "Daredevil"

This was the first of Marvel's series on Netflix. First released in 2015, it now has two seasons under its belt. Charlie Cox plays an intimidating portrayal of Daredevil, showing all of the violent human beings that live deep in Hell's Kitchen. If you're a HUGE Marvel fan like myself, you have quite the treat coming at you with this one.

8. Marvel's "Jessica Jones"

The second Marvel series from Netflix tells the story of a young woman living in the streets of New York City and her struggle to fit herself into reality. Even though she isn't all that normal, she can fight like a maniac. She truly shows that women are awesome and brave.

9. Marvel's "Luke Cage"

Marvel just keeps raising the bar, especially with this Netflix original. Another superhero with the ability of casually running into anything that is made bricks and cement? Yeah, his strength will leave you with no words. Only one season under its belt, but I already consider it a masterpiece!

10. Marvel's "Iron Fist"

Yes, you read that right, a fourth Marvel show. They just keep coming and coming but no one can complain. A man specifically fighting like a ninja? I'm in, and you should be too.

Netflix is considered to be one of today's biggest streaming service platforms with content put out every day. I respect all they do just so we can sit comfortably at home and binge watch 23 episodes of a series in one sitting.