10 Netflix Series That Are Must-Watches In College

Let's face it, we've all binge-watched too many Netflix shows. Why not add one more?

151
NBC Universal

Ever wonder what your next Netflix binge should be? Here's a list of "Netflix musts" that every one should watch, whether they have their girly moments or not.

1. Grey's Anatomy

This is a typical must watch that everyone and their mother has watched. There are 13 seasons on Netflix that will last you a while to watch all the way through. In fact, the show is starting its fourteenth season right now. If you are like me, once McDreamy died, you kind of died off with the show as well. To me, the show has gotten less interesting as time has gone on, so I hope to get back into the series soon.

2. One Tree Hill

I like to think that this show saved me. I loved this show from the start of it. The way the characters developed over time was amazing to watch. The acting of each character progressed throughout the nine seasons. Not to mention, there are some very handsome actors starring in "One Tree Hill," Lucas Scott, and Nathan Scott. "One Tree Hill" is the kind of show that starts off a little slow, but if you give it time, you will be hooked. I recommend this show to any and all teenagers looking for a new Netflix binge, considering it will take you a few months to finish all 9 seasons!

3. The Office

This is one of my personal favorite shows, but I just recently started watching it. There are nine seasons of The "Office" on Netflix. There are a significant amount of relationships to watch grow and prosper throughout the show as well, such as Jim and Pam, Michael and Jan, and even Dwight and Angela. This show will always give you a good laugh and will keep you wanting to keep your eyes glued to your TV.

4. Friends

"Friends" is a great show for people of all ages. This show will always give you a good laugh and has countless funny moments. It shows a number of great friendships throughout the show that many people strive for. A lot of binge-watchers crave to have Joey's sense of humor, Rachel's good looks, or Phoebe's "off the wall-ness." This show convinced me that I wanted to live a big city like New York City because it shows how fun and interesting city life can be. Now, don't you want to go share a milkshake with the cast?

5. Shameless

"Shameless" is a recently viral show that everyone is talking about. At first, I was a little skeptical about starting this show because I didn't quite know if it was my style, but after a few episodes, I was hooked. "Shameless" always keeps you on edge when at the end of each episode but it also gets a good laugh out of you in each episode as well. It can be serious at times, but once Frank joins the picture, you can kiss any seriousness goodbye.

6. Orange Is The New Black

"Orange Is The New Black" is a great show to watch if you don't mind "rated R" scenes. This show is full of laughter but also has serious moments where you can't help but feel bad for the characters, even though they are all in prison. Some of the things the inmates do in this show make you question whether or not you would enjoy prison, as crazy as that sounds. After only a few episodes you will be hooked and waiting for next June to roll around so you can watch the next season.

7. Gossip Girl

This is just another show that gave me reasons to want to live in NYC. Blair and Serena's lifestyles were everything I had ever dreamed of. They both meet the men of their dreams and pursue careers in what they love. They grew up in busy households but had the money and power to do whatever they dreamed of. There is a lot of gossip (hence the name of the show) that will hook you as soon as you start the show. And don't worry, you won't find out who gossip girl is until the very last episode. XOXO, "Gossip Girl."

8. Lost

If you are looking for a show that involves survival, supernatural, friendships and love, this is the show for you. "Lost" is quite the thriller. As many of the shows listed above, "Lost" will keep you on the edge of your seat, but in a different way than those previously listed. Many characters go through rough patches but in the end, they find a way to come together as one to find a solution.

9. Stranger Things

"Stranger Things" is a great show to watch when you are home alone at 2 am. It will make you fear what is in your closet and make you hear sounds throughout your house. It is safe to say that if you watch "Stranger Things" while home alone at 2 am, then you will not leave your room until the next morning, as I did. This show is creepy and crawly, but it is a must watch in my book. And what perfect timing, as Halloween approaches us and season two begins airing.

10. Private Practice

Many people have not heard of this show but it should get more credit than it does, in my opinion. "Private Practice" ties in with "Grey's Anatomy" every now and then. The character Addison Montgomery is featured in both shows and she sometimes visits the Grey's hospital to do research throughout the show. There are not very many "on-edge" scenes in this show, but if you are interested in a wide variety of medical fields and enjoy drama filled shows, then "Private Practice" is for you.

Many of these shows are popular on Netflix and probably many of you have watched at least one of these shows, but if you are stuck on what to watch next, you should give one of these a shot, I promise you won’t be let down!