10 Local Restaurants to Order Delivery From In Your Hometown or Campus During Quarantine

We have to admit, the quarantine is making us hungry!

11

Food. We all love food. We also can't live without it. Food is our guilty pleasure. The one last ice cream cone before going to bed. The last slice of pizza before soccer practice. We've all that desire for more food. I know growing up as a Korean American, I got the best of both worlds with food. On some days, it would be soondubu (soft tofu stew) and on other days, it would be baked ziti or cheeseburgers. I really appreciate how being surrounded by two different cultures gave me the opportunity to try new kinds of food and to enjoy food more.

My grandmother happened to also be an amazing cook and would make some of the most authentic Korean dishes and Western food as well. The dinner table was an array of colorful dishes and ingredients. I still remember the day she made this spicy stew that had bean sprouts and many veggies inside. One of the best parts of being able to live with my grandmother, growing up was that she would make delicious meals every day. This would make me excited to come home from school. Food was a token of love from my grandmother and in my family.

But unfortunately, she passed away a couple of years ago and so, I ended up missing her and her extraordinary cooking. Although I could cook, I could never make the same dishes she made. She was also good at making Western food and she would make the best homemade fries. Although I loved french fries from fast food restaurants, the fries my grandmother made always held a special place in my heart. I will always miss her food and I know I will never be able to find a perfect replacement for her cooking. This is when I realized that I wanted to find all the good restaurants in my hometown, Fort Lee that makes food that reminds me of my grandmother's cooking. Whether it is french fries or soondubu, food is always yummy:

BCD Tofu House- If you're ever craving something spicy, then soondubu is the way to go. There is a wide selection of soondubu and you could even decide how spicy or what meat or seafood you want in it. The main flavors are beef and seafood but there can be add-ins such as ramen or curry.

It's Greek to Me- Sometimes the weather is super hot and so, you are in the mood for something refreshing and cool. This restaurant has many Greek dishes that are perfect for the summer such as the greek salad, horiatiki, and different varieties of souvlaki. For the souvlaki, you can customize which meat or seafood you want -there is pork, gyro, bifteki, chicken, lamb, and shrimp.

Bonchon- Ever tried Korean Fried Chicken? Well now you can by trying this restaurant. Bonchon is a chicken restaurant that makes different varieties of fried chicken. There are flavors you can choose from such as soy garlic sauce or spicy soy garlic sauce, or even both. Also, there are sides such as french fries or onion rings you can order along with the chicken.

Anthony Franco's Ristorante & Pizzeria- Craving pizza and pasta? Well look no further! This restaurant has pizza and pasta that is to die for. There is also a "create your own pasta" section where you can choose from between primavera sauce and carbonara sauce and spaghetti, linguini, penne, capellini, and fettuccini.

Punta Cana Restaurant- Sometimes we crave good rice and beans and plantains. If that's how you're feeling, then Punta Cana is the place to be! There are weekday dinner specials and breakfast food that is only available from 9am-10am. And for empanada lovers, they do sell empanadas!

Soba Noodle Azuma- If you're craving some warm savory Japanese cuisine, then this restaurant is the way to go. It is known for its soba and the different soba dishes, as well as udon and its curry rice dishes. There are different lunch specials and the menu has a wide variety of Japanese noodle and soup dishes.

Soup Dumpling Plus- Xiao Long Bao or soup dumplings as many people have come to call it is a hot item in Asian cuisine these days. But better yet, this restaurant can deliver soup dumplings straight to your home. Since it is usually something eaten at restaurants rather than taken out or delivered, this is a rare commodity.

In Napoli- This restaurant is one of the oldest Italian restaurants in Fort Lee. In Napoli is known for its Southern Italian cuisine. If you are looking for some "romantic" food to have for your online date with a match from a dating app, then this restaurant is for you.

Picnic Sushi- Ready to go on a roll-ercoaster? This restaurant is known for its exquisite variety of sushi rolls. Some of the popular sushi rolls here are the Spicy Crab Hand Rolls and the Spicy Mania Roll.

Tang Two- If you want a mix of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean food, then this restaurant is for you. Tang Two has sushi rolls, dumplings, and spicy seafood stews. You can't go wrong with this restaurant, because it has got the best of more than both worlds.

Food is honestly one of the greatest gifts this world has to offer. So it's important that we don't take this gift for granted. Especially since it is still the quarantine, delivery options may be on the rise now. So go get some good comfort food or something for your midnight snack before you forget!