10 Little Things I Never Thank My Mom For

Nothing is really lost until Mom can't find it.

20
Keyword-suggestions.com

Today is Mother's Day and it is time to thank your mom for everything she does for you. We all know the basic ones: Thanking her for giving you life, giving you a home, giving you an education and giving you unconditional love. But what about all the little things we take for granted? All the little things she does for you without even thinking about it. I want to take this time to thank my mom for all the little things she does that I never thank her for.

1. Making my bed

It's not an everyday occurrence now that I am out of the house, but whenever I come home from college you always take the time to tidy up the room that I left dirty from my last visit. There are always fresh sheets and lit candles like my own little bed and breakfast. Thank you.

2. Massages

My favorite part about watching TV or movies with you is laying on the couch and getting one of your world famous head massages or having you play with my hair. You do it without me even asking and even when I refuse to massage your feet. It is a simple act of love that I take for granted. Thank you.

3. Always being the bigger person

We've had our fair share of fights over a variety of topics. The one thing that always remains constant is you coming and knocking on my door after I've dramatically slammed it shut. You were always the one to offer an apology first, no matter how right you were. Thank you.

4. Letting me complain

There is no doubt in my mind that you have more pressing matters to worry about in your life than the disappointing work ethic of my group project members of the moment or my noisy neighbors. But you still let me call you and complain about every little thing that has even slightly inconvenienced my day. You help keep me sane, thank you.

5. Little surprises

Often times, little things are what make the greatest impact. Your little acts of kindness range from coming home with my favorite snack, surprise visits or sending me a card with money in it for no reason at all. Thank you.

6. Scheduling my appointments

I am in the process of learning how to adult but I am not quite there yet. Thank you for still being the one to call and schedule all the doctors, dentists, and even hair appointments. I know my luck is going to run out on this one soon---so I cherish it while I can.

7. Being able to find absolutely everything

I would lose my head if it weren't attached. But even then, I know you would be able to find it. I think when you become a mom you are just blessed with this ablitity to find anything that goes missing. You have more luck looking for something in five minutes than I do in an hour. Thank you for always finding everything that I lose.

8. Always giving me my freedom

You have never been one of those overbearing moms who has to know every little detail about their kid's life. By giving me my space and respecting my privacy you have allowed for me to choose to confide in you and trust you. It has made us closer in the long run. Thank you.

9. For waking me up

Anyone who knows me knows that this is truly a labor of love. I am not a happy camper in the mornings and attempting to wake me up can be considered highly dangerous. But you did it everyday, often resorting to luring me out with the smell of eggs and bacon. Even now, that I am in college, you will call me on the days I have early classes to make sure I get up. Thank you for risking life and limb to make sure I made it to school.

10. For making me feel beautiful

It is easy to assume that everyone's mom does this for their daughter but it sadly is not the truth. Thank you for always supporting me and making me feel beautiful and confident in my own skin. It is something I hope to pass on to my own daughter one day.

Happy Mother's Day to you Mom — and to all the moms out there showing their love though the little things that make a big difference!!