10 Life Lessons (As Told By Hobbits)

10 Life Lessons (As Told By Hobbits)

"In a hole in the ground, there lived a hobbit."

153
10 Life Lessons (As Told By Hobbits)

Whether you’re a hardcore Tolkien fan or not, we all know the memes and the revolution that is "Lord of the Rings" that swept the nation in the early 2000s. The long movies I remember struggling to stay awake through as a younger child in the movie theater were a struggle at the time, but now I’m full grown and hoping everyday to avoid being called short by my friends (I’m 5’ 3’’, not even that short, gosh!) But if there’s one thing I’ve taken away from these characters, it’s that Hobbits really know how to live.

1.Spend time with good friends and don’t need a plan involved.

Hanging out with your friends and being with people is so important to you that all you want to do is be with that person whether you have a plan of what to do or not. Whether it’s simply chatting or full-on shenanigans, being with people you care about is the way to go.

2. Take pleasures in the little things in life.

"Second breakfast" and drinks are wonderful. Don’t eat on the go, and just sit, chew and admire.

3. Get back to nature.

In our modern time of cars and technology, it can be easy to overlook all the incredible nature around you. Just walk out your door, take a walk and create your own adventure.

4. Journal.

Look back on your travel and experiences and write about them! After all, you wanna have an awesome book like Bilbo’s “There and Back Again”, don’t ya?

5. Make music.

Even if you’re not very musically talented like me, remember how much hobbits love to party, dance and have a good time.

6. Love a toasty fire.

You can never underestimate how wonderful a little fire at the end of the day can really complete it!

7. Love a great party.

Let’s all remember how great Bilbo’s incredible birthday was. Fireworks, drinking, food, dancing. You name it. Make it a spectacle.

8. Aim for a good life, not a visible one.

You really look to make things the best that they can be and let life take its course, instead of living so materialistically.

9. Get to know the stories of people you know.

Sometimes in life we’re in such a rush and encounter so many people each day, but we don’t even try to know them ever. Take a moment to really get to know someone, because they might surprise you.

10. Embrace who you are.

Loves second breakfast, outgoing and adventurous, and hates to wear shoes? I think I really might be a hobbit.