A Few Things I Learned In My 19 Years of Life.

Here are some things that I have learned while living 19 years on earth, particularly learning from the mistakes I have made.

34

I have gone through a lot of up hill struggles and battles throughout my life that I have learned from. I have lost friendships and relationships and have learned and moved on from why they did end up working out. I have gone through family problems and had to grow up fast at some points in my life. I have learned what it means to be a sister, a friend, and girlfriend, a hard worker, and a daughter. I have worked hard to become the person I am today, and I have never given up on something when the going got tough, and trust me, that took years of practice and struggle to not give in to temptation and give up. So here are somethings I have learned throughout my life that you may be able to relate too, and some tips that may even help you in your life.

1. Doing the right thing is important.

One thing I have learned throughout my life through my own personal actions and witnessing others is that lying and doing things for your own benefit constantly, ALWAYS kicks you back in the butt. It is super important to do things that are beneficial for you but, most importantly, doing the right thing during a situation is always a good thing, even if it does not benefit you as much as you want it too.

2. Do not procrastinate

Yes, I know, binge watching that show on Netflix seems super good and entertaining right now but it is not worth the bad grade or the stress when you decide to procrastinate. So, please start the things you need to accomplish

3. SAVE money.

One thing you do not understand till you are older is that life cost A LOT of money, especially when college hits and you have to pay rent. Like woah, save up now.

4. People fade, but memories don't

Since starting college I have noticed that I am not the same person I was a year ago, and so are a lot of my old friends. Everyone is starting a new path and you can either choose to try to make an old friendship last, but it is not the end of the world if that does not happen. Just because old friends change and those friends may be lost and faded, it does not mean that the great memories made between you both can be forgotten or not be relived because memories will always be there.

5. Go after your dreams and goals.

Dedication is a huge part in having a successful life. You need to strive and reach for the things you want in life. Strive for the job you have always wanted, strive to earn that degree, work hard to get good grades, and do everything you can to show people that you will not give up easily on the things you want in life

6. Self- Love and Self-Respect

Self-Love and Self-Respect is something that takes years to learn if it is something you struggle with, but once it is obtained it is always there. Knowing you are able to depend on yourself is incredibly important in life, without a doubt.

7. Mental and Physical Health IS important

this connects to self-love and respect but taking care of yourself and your mental and physical health is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. I feel like I am repeating myself with the term important, but everything I have learned in my life are things I think are important to discuss and for you to know. Working out and having me-time is how you obtain good health mentally and physically.

8. Teamwork

Being able to be a team player and know that teamwork is important, especially in terms of careers, living with another person, and so on. Being able to be a team player is necessary for you to go far in life.

9. Accepting of others

Being able to accept those who are different from you is a good deed and you realize that everyone here on this planent is your brother and sister and you need to allow them to come into your life and make a difference. We are ALL human.

10. Being dependable and being there for others.

Being there for others have you have taken care of yourself is one of the best traits you can have in your life. It creates great friendships and relationships for people since you are always there and people know you can depend on them.