10 items I can't travel without

10 Items I Can't Travel Without

Did I mention they can all fit in your carry-on?

17

Flying can be a drag for some people, luckily I am not one of them. I love to travel and live it up to the fullest when I can. Being prepared can make all the difference and here are some items I have deemed necessary to have while on my trips.

1. (Empty) Water Bottle

Just make sure it's empty or you risk having to throw it away upon going through security. Airports have a ton of water fountains throughout the terminals and it saves you from having to buy an overpriced Smart Water from a shop.

2. Reading Material

I always make sure my audiobook is downloaded or have a spare book packed just in case. Flights are greatly disconnected from the world time and I love spending that in a good book.

3. Headphones

DUH right? Well yes, but I have had cases where I brought the wrong kind of headphones, or I forgot to pack them entirely, or I forgot the new adapter for Apple or whatever. You get the point. Also, remember if Bluetooth, they need to be 100% charged, if not they will most likely die and leave you very unhappy.

4. Neck Pillow

Planes are uncomfortable as is, give yourself a break and bring the neck pillow. Pro-Tip, get one that inflated and deflates for added storage space.

5. Earplugs

Remember that one time that baby would NOT stop crying? Yeah...

6. Tylenol 

Other than the obvious need for relief of a headache. Tylenol is also a fever reducer which may come in handy for long or international flights.

7. Netflix Downloads

Binge watching your favorite series while being on a four-hour flight is not a bad way to kill some time. Just make sure you have them already downloaded to your device so you can view without wifi!

8. Debit/Credit Card

Any airplane I have been on has never taken cash for payment if you wanted a snack or a drink from the bar. So be prepared to have a debit or credit card to use if taking advantage of the mini bar!

9. Hand Sanitizer 

Planes are infested with germs, stay healthy!

10. (When applicable) Travel Buddy

Sometimes all you're missing is a shoulder to lean your head on. One that doesn't belong to a stranger.