10 Items To Add To Your Bucket List And Actually Check Off This Summer 2018

10. Capture the moments of your summer to remember them forever.

211
Instagram

Every start to the summer holds excitement along with the motivation to make the most of the three months of freedom ahead. This is a break that’s well-needed as students everywhere finally break through the confining grasps of homework, essays and classes. Personally, I believe that summer break is time to relax, let loose and engaging in self-care to its max; you deserve it! If you’re looking forward to a summer filled with healthy habits, productivity and having loads of fun, look no further. To help prep for the sunny summer days around the corner, I’ve compiled what I believe to be the most important bucket list items to better oneself and feel productive while also relaxing and caring for yourself.

1. Start exercising regularly.

This sounds kind of like a New Years resolution item, but honestly how often does this promise every work out after the New Year? Rarely. Staying in shape is something most people want to accomplish, but it takes time to establish a set exercise routine. What better time to do this than the three months that you have the most time in? Find some form of exercise you enjoy, like going to the gym, dance, tennis, anything and create a schedule. Most importantly stick to it! It takes 21 days to form a habit, and you can definitely hammer that down during the summer!

2. Hammock somewhere you’ve never hammocked before.

Make use of your eno and spend a day outdoors somewhere you've never really been. Hammocking is super relaxing and a great way to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts and gives a great excuse to just lounge around and do nothing.

3. Catch up with your hometown friends who you don’t see when you’re in college.

Summer's a great time to reconvene with old friends just like old times. Your hometown friends are ones you should cherish, especially since throughout the school year, it's harder to keep up. Go eat at the restaurants you used to eat with them at back in the day, and catch up on each other's current lives!

4. Act like a tourist in your hometown.

Embrace the little things about your hometown that you secretly miss while away in college. Go visit museums, parks, restaurants, and other attractions near you that you might've always heard about but never actually been to.

5. Make one healthy diet change.

This kind of hits back to what I previously mentioned about building healthy habits during the summer. Let's face it, we eat a lot of junk in college on the small budget most college kids have. So, take this time to do your body a favor and drop one bad eating habit or build a good one, such as cutting out soda or including more fruit in your diet. If you build this habit over the summer, you're likely to keep it going in college if you actively try.

6. Read a book.

Reading is a great way to relax and also, learn a little about pretty much anything over the summer. It's great to keep up with the latest mysteries and self-care books that will open your mind up to new ideas and points of view, even by reading just one book over the summer.

7. De-clutter and clean out your room and living spaces and donate the lightly used items you don't use.

Sometimes, it's great to clear your mind after a busy semester and the best way to do that is by cleaning your surroundings first. Throw out the old junk you never use and put it to good use by upcycling or donating it to local charities. You'll be able to enjoy a new, clean living space and also feel good about helping the less fortunate if you donate!

8. Spend quality time with your family.

Let's face it, you probably miss your family a little bit while away in college, so make time to hang out with them as much as possible! Don't miss out on family events and take the time to do fun things such as hiking, camping, or any other pasttime that you guys enjoy.

9. Pick up on one new hobby you have never done before (ex. Knitting, sewing, roller skating, whatever).

The summertime is a great way to try new things and different hobbies you didn't have time for during the academic year. Whether it's a sport, art or new job that you've never had, step outside of your comfort zone this summer! Who knows, you might discover a new passion you never found before.

10. Capture the moments of your summer to remember them for years to come.

Whether it means taking endless selfies, collecting ticket stubs and receipts from great moments throughout the summer, don't forget these carefree days filled with fun, relaxation and excitement.

Welcome, Summer 2018!