10 Ways To Be Romantic AF, As Told By "Gilmore Girls" Boyfriends

Sigh, Rory was so lucky.

173
Bustle

Throughout the seven seasons and Netflix episodes of "Gilmore Girls," Rory has had her share of amazing men. Don't get me wrong, each of them had their flaws but they mostly treated Rory like a princess. If you like a girl as much as these boys liked her here are some ideas.

1. Write notes for her in the book margins.

When Rory and Jess first met she asked him "if he read much" and he answered with "not really." Turns out that Jess is quite the book lover and has even read Jane Austen. He then *steals* "Howl And Other Poems" by Allen Ginsberg from Rory and writes little notes for her in the margins. How adorable?

2. Rent her a coffee cart.

I'm not much of a Logan fan, but it hit my coffee-loving soul when he bought Rory he own coffee cart. Only a true Gilmore Girls fan knows how much Rory loves her coffee and basically needs it every second of the day.especially during finals.

3. Make sure your first kiss is memorable.

Every boyfriend of Rory's (excluding Paul) had a cute first kiss with Rory. My top two would have to be Jess and Dean's though. Jess left abruptly and when he returned the first person (after Luke) he wanted to see was Rory. He rushed to Sookie's wedding and kissed her. Dean was actually Rory's first kiss and it was extremely adorable. As you can see from the GIF up there, Dean worked at a grocery store in town. He was working when Rory came in and wanted a free soda. Dean asked her to pick the hand that the soda was in. Before she could even finish her sentence, he kissed her which caused her to quickly say "thank you" and shoplift corn starch.

4. Make sure she wins competitions.

One of the best Rory/Jess moments, IMO, was when Rory really wanted to win the build-a-snowman contest and Jess knocked off the head of a better snowman for her.

5. Reach the top shelves for her.

Jared Padalecki is 6'4" so naturally, his height came up a lot during the show. Milo and Matt were both 5'9" but still taller than Alexis. So, boys use your height to your advantage.

6. Binge watch her favorite movies and tv shows.

Dean sat through Lorelai and Rory and their weird movie habits. He found their witty comments and line-by-line memorization skills hilarious. Take notes boys. Pizza is also a plus.

7. Help her face her fears.

When Rory found out about the "Life and Death Brigade," Logan showed her what it was all about. Their first task was jumping off a building with a harness and umbrellas. Maybe you don't have to go to that extent.

8. Do silly things to make her laugh.

Jess was always doing little things for Rory. One of my favorites is the magic trick he did for her when they were "studying."

9. Build her a freakin' car.

Okay, this really topped everything in my opinion. Dean is a very skilled mechanic and decided that before he told her he loved her he would not buy but BUILD RORY A CAR. Her grandfather and I were very skeptical at first, but it turned out that the car was perfect for her to drive and she did until Jess crashed it.

10. Bring over a care package.

When Jess found out that Rory was going to be alone at home he brought over a care package from Luke's Diner (how adorable). The one thing you might not want to do is lie like Jess did. He told Rory that Luke wanted him to send it over when in reality Luke had no idea.