10 Games To Play For Your Next Game Night

It's the weekend and what better way to spend it than having a game night?

820
Google Images

It's the weekend and what better way to spend it than having a game night with some friends? Game nights bring out the best in every friend group and we usually get closer because of them. Unless the game gets too competitive. Then, we don't talk to each other for days. Just kidding. Have a game night and enjoy the games below!

1. What Do You Meme

My best friend bought this game and surprisingly, it was pretty fun. It's marketed by the same company that created "Cards Against Humanity," so I'm sure you already have a picture of what it's like. Basically, each player gets seven cards with a saying on it (ex.: why are you like this). Each round, there is a judge who places a popular meme on an easel and all of the other players have to pick one of their cards that best represents the meme. Then, the judge picks the best saying for the image. Essentially, it's Cards Against Humanity, but with memes.

2. Scum

Scum is a card game that gets pretty competitive. You don't need any special cards or anything, you just need a normal deck of cards (two decks is optimal). You pass out cards to all of the players until the deck runs out. Then, the fun begins. The first round is just figuring out the "hierarchy." What you have to do is the person who dealt the cards lays down a card. Then, each player takes a turn trying to lay down a higher card. Whoever runs out of cards first is the "president". Next is the "vice president", the "middle men", "dirt" and "scum". Scum is the worst position to be in because you're at the bottom of the chain. The whole game centers around trying to be president. I've been president a total of three times. It felt great. Also, just an FYI, try not to use your highest cards first.

3. Drunk Stoned or Stupid

Just like Monopoly, this game has a chance to ruin friendships. It's best to play with people you know well or else the game will get tiring real fast. Basically, each player picks a card from the deck. They read off what the card says and the whole group has to choose who it best fits. For example, the card might say "has slept with the most people," and the group would have to choose who they think best fits that card. The accused person has the opportunity to defend themselves, but if they can't change the group's mind, then they get the card. Whoever ends up with the most cards is the loser and probably really embarrassed.

4. Clue

I'm sure most of you have played Clue, but if not, you have to check it out at least once. Trying to solve a murder will have you feeling like a detective in no time.

5. Scattergories

Scattergories is a nice, (usually) laid back game that we always use to end the night. There are many rounds to play and for each round, there is a list. Every player gets a sheet and list. Then, someone rolls a die with letters on it and when a letter is chosen, a timer will be set for three minutes (some dare to only play with one minute). In that time, you have to come up with as many words starting with that letter for every item on the list. The person with the most points at the end of the game wins.

6. Kittens in a Blender

This game sounds insane, and it is. My best friend bought it for me for Christmas and we've played quite a few times for game nights. Basically, there are four teams to choose from (pink, green, yellow, and blue). You choose one team that consists of sixteen cats. The objective of the game is to try and save all sixteen of your cats from being blended. It sounds sad, but even I, a huge cat-lover, have gotten caught in the competitive nature of the game.

7. Fibbage

Fibbage is a game that can be found on jackbox.tv. It's an online game that can have up to eight players. There are three rounds. For each round, you're given a prompt where you have to fill in an answer. You have to choose a lie that you think best fits in and try to trick the other players. The person with the most points at the end wins.

8. Telestrations

Telestrations is another usual game for our game nights. You can have up to eight players. Each player is handed a booklet and you have to draw either your own creation or you can actually follow the game rules and draw whatever the option on the card you have tells you to draw. Then, you pass your booklet either to the right or left after you're done drawing and the person has to guess what you drew. Once they have their guess, they write it down. Based on what they guessed, the person next to them then has to draw it. This pattern continues until your booklet makes its way back to you. Then, in a hilarious presentation, you tell the group what you actually drew and go through your booklet to see how it ended.

9. Trivial Pursuit

I'm sure most of you have played this, but if not then basically it's a trivia game where you answer questions and whoever has the most right answers/points wins. It gets especially fun if you make it competitive.

10. Cards Against Humanity

Need I say anything? Cards Against Humanity is the ultimate game night game. It gets competitive, it keeps you laughing, and it brings out the worst - I mean, best - in everyone.