10 Fun Long-Distance Dates For You And Your Quarantine Boo

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

42

Some of us may be finding ourselves in a sudden and unexpected long-distance relationship. I am one of those people, and I can't say that I'm having an amazing time with it. They say distance makes the heart grow fonder, but I've only grown fonder of my weekly letters in the mail, occasional book deliveries, & nightly FaceTimes with my man (can we pause to say how cute he is!)

It's been over 50 days since we've properly seen each other, which means we've FaceTimed that many nights. It can feel pretty dry and repetitive at times, as neither of us is really doing anything that exciting anyway because of the quarantine. SO, I've compiled a list of some things that we've tried and some things that are definitely worth trying! Take your pick, or do 'em all!

1. Take a nice long walk on the beach!

Or honestly, wherever you want! Go on zoom and Google Earth whatever dream vacation you and your bae would absolutely die for. Or, sorry if it's too soon, but go on your vacation that got canceled due to the rona. Or take a walk outside together over FaceTime!

2. Have a virtual puzzle night!

I've seen some cool ways couples are having virtual game nights! There are apparently some websites out there that you can do two-person puzzles together. Battleship is another good game to play over FaceTime. You can also both set up the same board game at your respective locations and move all of the pieces accordingly!

3. Go to an amusement park!

There are plenty of POV's for thrill rides on YouTube! Hop on zoom and go to Cedar Point! Or Disney! Or you can get creative, I'm sure you can brainstorm some fun experiences to share together through a screen. The first weird one that popped into my head is getting buried alive but through your computer screen? Fear factor, but make it quarantine!

4. Play some video games together!

Do you remember your old Webkinz passwords? You can't have people over to your houses anymore, which sucks, but go to the arcade! Make a Minecraft server together! Go teams on Fortnite! Find a way to connect that way.

5. Answer the questions guaranteed to make you fall in love!

I first heard about these questions through the book "The Sun Is Also A Star," but it's a real thing. I'll hyperlink the questions here if you're interested in these specific ones, but there are so many different variations of couple "tags" you can do all over the Internet! Find one you jive with and get deep with each other!

6. Have some virtual sexy time!

I'm not going to go into detail here. This can take any form, not just X-rated stuff. Do whatever you're comfortable with. Have fun, you crazy kids.

7. Have a virtual sleepover!

Plug in your device and sleep while on FaceTime! Wake up next to your SO again. It won't feel the same, for sure, but it's worth a shot.

8. Go on a scavenger hunt!

Go on a random object generator and try to find that object on the web the fastest! You can make it harder by not using search engines. Or take it outside and look for the items in your respective locations! Get creative!

9. Make & send each other gifts!

They can be surprises or not! You can have a virtual craft night together where you both make each other stuff or stuff for yourselves but together! I sent my boyfriend a personalized puzzle from Etsy and he LOVED it! Cost me less than $15. There are still romantic ways to stay connected that aren't via electronics.

10. Have a nice dinner!

Both of you order/cook the same food together and then eat it together over FaceTime! You can even dress up and set up your tables. Have someone else in your house pretend to be your server for some added fun.

I wish you and your partner the very best of luck during this difficult time if you two are separated right now. This will not last forever and we will all be reunited very soon. I hope some of these ideas can help spice up your current situation. Hang in there and get creative!