10 Female Instagram Artists You Need To Follow Right Now

We all know names like Frida Kahlo and Georgia O'Keefe, but we often times forget about female artists trying to make their art known to the world. In honor of women's history month, let's honor these unique voices in art.

1. @pollynor

@pollynor's art is sometimes unsettling but is ultimately extremely relatable and honest. She has told so many stories about female experiences through her art and it is greatly appreciated.

2. @tomatosita

@tomatosita's line work is so precise and her drawing style is very satisfying. Her characters are always looking moody and over it, creating relatability.

3. Stephanie Sarley (@stephanie_sarley)

@stephanie_sarley's art embraces self-love and human behaviors. She uses primarily fruits and vegetables to convey these messages and it could not be more effective.

4. Grace Miceli (@artbabygirl)

@artbabygirl's drawings are fun and colorful. She uses commercial products as a backbone to share relatable phrases that feel like a warm hug.

5. @aleia

@aleia's miniature dioramas with snails are my personal favorite to see while scrolling through Instagram. Her art has appeared in music videos and album art. This account is a must follow

6. Petra Collins (@petrafcollins)

Petra Collins is on her way to becoming a household name, as she's directed Selena Gomez and Cardi B music videos as well as modeling in and directing various Gucci campaigns. She's making a name for herself and all we can say is Girl Power.

7. @likrotable

@likrotable is one of my personal favorite Instagram artists. Her work is often times edgy or macabre but, her characters' big eyes resemble the work of Margaret Keane.

8. Laura Jayne Hodkin (@laurajaneyh)

Laura Jayne is an animator who's work creates a relatable retelling of female experiences. She is a must follow for her comics and adorable animations.

9. @gentlethrills

Have you ever wanted wearable art? Look no further because @gentlethrills is the artist/merchandizer of your dreams. Her prints are made to be worn and each of her products is unique. Is there anything more to say?

10. Esther Kim (@estherlovesyou)

If you were/are a Hello Kitty lover and you don't follow @estherlovesyou, you are missing out on another cute character to obsess over. Esther Kim created Esther Bunny and she's adorable, to say the least. Don't miss out on the cuteness and follow this Instagram.