10 Fall Festivities Under $10

10 Fall Festivities Under $10

Fall is officially here and you need to make the most of out it without breaking the bank.

45
10 Fall Festivities Under $10

As of this past Monday, the first day of Autumn has fallen upon us. Although the heat can make you think otherwise, you'll soon feel the brisk, breezy wind on your face and see the colorful, vibrant leaves change before they fall. Prepare yourselves for the fall season and all the cheerful, thrilling festivities you can experience without stressing about your budget.

Decorations

Achieving the most out of this cheerful, chilly season begins by filling your home with the fall spirit. Your home can transform into a cozy, colorful fall oasis with just a few decorations. For inexpensive yet vibrant pieces, individuals often turn to Walmart or a nearby Dollar Store, since you can always rely on such companies to find a few garlands or fall-themed welcome signs for under $10. If you're looking for home staples that no surrounding neighbor may have, I've found myself pleasantly surprised by items at locally owned stores with great sales or a Good Will location. By incorporating even a few decorations, you can brighten the feel of your home from ordinary to joyful in a matter of minutes.

Pumpkin Carving

Fall is nothing without the splendor of pumpkin-related gatherings. Whether you prefer to paint, carve, or cook pumpkins, be sure to grab a few before they're all taken. If you retain a love for pumpkin carving, pumpkins can range from $1 to nearly $20 or more, depending on size and weight. Pumpkin patches can be a great way to make an entire day out of pumpkin picking, but if you'd prefer to get right to the carving, your local grocery store will often start selling some pumpkins around this time as well. Pumpkin carving kits can be found at both locations or alternative stores such as Walmart or Party City, often for a few dollars per basic kit. If your pumpkin plans are to create a simple, smiling face or a detailed, terrifying work of art, your design can still be achieved while ensuring you don't spend too much money.

Hot Cocoa And Apple Cider

The two most notable fall drinks, aside from a pumpkin spiced latte, would undeniably be hot cocoa or apple cider. Whether you prefer your apple cider warm or cold and your hot cocoa with or without marshmallows, these drinks are a must-have to keep your body warm and your spirits high this season. Apple cider is only available during the fall season, creating a time-sensitive opportunity to grab the drink or its paired apple cider donut before they all run out. Hot cocoa can be found on the front shelves of grocery stories from fall into winter, developing a monthly, reliable drink to keep you snug and warm until the seasons warm up themselves. For anyone over 21 years of age looking to add an extra 'spice' to your hot cocoa, I'd recommend adding Bailey's Irish Cream- for my fellow lactose intolerant readers there's also an almond milk option. Both hot cocoa and apple cider can be found at your local grocery store or fruit and berry farm, often for around a few dollars per gallon. As fall is approaching and winter is coming, hopefully, one or both of these cozy fall drinks will help keep your body warm as you encounter the gusty, frigid seasons that await.

Picnic

If you bring your hot cocoa, cider, and freshly-baked pumpkin cookies, you already have a great start for a picnic in the park. The wisps of the wind blowing the crisp, fall aroma towards you happen to nicely complement the warmth of the soft cookies melting in your hands and the cozy, heated drinks keeping your fingers from freezing. Even if you're not a fan of the park but want to enjoy the bright, breezy sky and the fresh smell of fall, picnics are perfect for on-the-go festivities. The land surrounding a lake, the top of a hiking hill, or even your backyard can become potential spots for the perfect fall picnic. If you already have the hot cocoa, apple cider, and homemade cookies, you won't have to spend another dime, unless you decide to add some extra treats to the picnic. With some fall flavors and an adequate basket, your fall picnic possibilities are endless.

Apple Picking

An apple a day keeps the doctor away but apple picking can do more than that to keep you happy and healthy. You could spend an entire fall afternoon walking through an apple orchard picking the ripest apples of different varieties. With tarty, green apples of Granny Smith and Mcintosh to sweet, red apples of Fuji or Honeycrisp, there's bound to be a favorite for everyone. After apple picking, you always have the option to eat the apples as-is, caramelize them, or bake them into a pie once back home. Most pick-your-own apple orchards will provide you with bags or baskets based on price before you start picking, allowing you to spend within your budget and under $10. Even if you're just going for the festivity of it, walking through an apple orchard on a cool, fall day will surely make you feel that fall has arrived.

Haunted Attractions

Bloody killers jumping out with knives and zombies creepy-crawling towards you are among the frightening characters commonly found at haunted attractions. Of course, no one is there to do you any real harm, but it creates a frequent allure during the fall season for individuals tempted enough to handle the shock of terror. With Halloween discounts or student IDs, you can often find a haunted attraction ticket for around $10, depending on the length and intensity of the location. When it comes to walking through a haunted attraction in pursuit of a scare, it's almost always better to go with some friends.

Hayride

Whether it's during apple picking or a haunted attraction, be sure you go on at least one hayride this season. Many locations will provide the option of hayrides in association with the fall festivity they're promoting. After apple picking, you can sit on the ride and overlook a beautiful view of the orchard, filled with friends and families enjoying a plump, ripe apple or taking a moment to appreciate the crisp, fall breeze. Following a haunted attraction, you can ride along with the haunted site as masked monsters and spell-casting witches may jump on the ride with the aim of getting a quick shriek from you. No matter your preference, hayrides have the potential to add a bit more spirit into the festivities and give a little more fulfillment in getting the most out of your fall season.

Scary Movies

If you love a good scare but would prefer it from the comfort of your own home, then watching scary movies would be your ideal hangout for a fall night. Gore and disturbing, psychological, killer, monster, or paranormal movies, there's a scary movie out there you're sure to love. With Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime Video, bingeing scary movies is easier and cheaper than ever. As low as $8.99 per month for a basic Netflix plan, you'll be all set to watch endless scary movies for under $10. If you prefer to watch movies the old-fashioned way, stores will often have sales on DVDs of scary movies leading up to Halloween. Watch it alone or with friends, but don't miss out on the classic fright fest of scary movies this fall.

Feasts With Friends

Sunday dinners or Friendsgiving, gathering with friends over a meal can be a delightful way to catch up while saving a few bucks. Even if you don't have a special occasion that warrants you and your friends coming together for a full-on-feast, it can be a great approach to cooking a full meal while still spending under $10. If each individual contributes an item to the table that costs about $10, depending on your group count, you could have enough food to keep you full for hours or days. In addition to the budget-friendly aspect, it's always a pleasure to surround yourself with friends that get you laughing and make you feel wholeheartedly content. Whatever the reason, call up your friends and gather around the table for great conversation and delicious food.

Fall Photos

You don't have to be an Instagram model or professional photographer to take some stunning, captivating, or charming fall photos. With the fall foliage soon revealing itself, it will yield the perfect time for taking vibrant photos around the colorful leaves. Alone, with friends, or with family, take advantage of the vivid colors found around you and capture them with a photo or video before the leaves all fall. If you decide to take photos with family, it could even be used later in the season as your family holiday card. Take the opportunity, free of cost, to step outside and surround yourself with the beauty that is the fall foliage.

Fall weather is on the way and some of us can't contain our excitement. With the fresh, crisp morning air and the warm aroma of fall drinks and treats, fall has the potential to be an astonishing and memorable season for everyone. Grab your fall coats and scarves from the back of your closet and get ready to throw them on for a fantastic, fulfilled fall season.