10 Essential Items in Your Hunting Pack That You Always Need To Carry

These are the essentials for hunting.

195
Outdoor Geeky

Running out of activities to do when free? Good, hunting might be something you want to try. It provides you with the thrill of danger at the same time giving you the greatest adventure as long as it is done in the proper way. Hunting is the practice of killing, trapping, pursuing or tracking animals. Normally it is frequently done by humans for food, leisure, to get rid of predators that are unsafe to humans or for business. Hunting can be done as a group or you can decide to go solo it really is dependent on you. So now you know what hunting is let me give you the best hunting tips and the essential items that will ensure you have the greatest experience while hunting.

10 Essential items for hunting:

1. Water.

Whether it is just a one-day thing or for a much longer time if there is something that you cannot afford to lack is water. Secure drinking water is vital to humans and other forms of life as it offers you dehydration especially while hunting as you are outdoors where factors like the sun, wind, and other activities make you lose body water fast. I will suggest that you use stainless steel cups for drinking water and also carry a portable water purifier, it can really come in handy for you.

2. Jerky.

This is another best hunting tip, it is lean meat that has been trimmed of fat, cut into strips, and then dried to prevent spoilage. Is it really necessary? Well sure it is as it can be stored for months without going bad and moisture and fat are removed from the meat during the preparation process, it is an excellent source of protein and it is fat-free. Dry to remove the moisture to prevent spoilage after which cool and pack them in resealable plastic bags which are vacuumed after that you are good to go.

3. Compass.

From the days of the old, the compass has always been the one thing that gives hunters direction. Despite knowing an area like the palm of your hand it’s the only method that will ensure you never get lost. It's better to be safe than sorry so throw one of this in your backpack. Well, at least we have evolved so carry a GPS as you can never be too prepared when it comes to hunting.

4. Maps.

You might be the best hunter that the world has ever seen but you can never be too sure about your hunting grounds especially when covering vast space. A map will be of great assistance in helping know where you are coming from, places to get clean water, shelter and ultimately the place you are headed to. So go ahead and get yourself a waterproof map and you will be set.

5. Parachute Cord.

Hunting items will more often than not require to be tied to your backpack or just in a bundle. This cord is highly recommended due to its much-needed uses. It can be used in attaching equipment to avoid losing small or important items which might be hazardous, building shelters because let's face it, you do not have your house when hunting. In addition to that, it is of the essence, especially when rappelling in steep places. Pack a cord that is at least 60 feet long.

6. Weapon & Ammo.

We can never be too secure. Hunting often takes place in untamed places so you can be sure that you will come across a hostile and just because you are minding your business it does not mean that you cannot be attacked. So whether you decide to carry a short gun, bow and arrow or a boomerang just ensure that you have a weapon because you can never be too sure what you will bump into.

7. Binoculars.

If there is one thing you need it is to have a clear vision of the whole area of your hunting ground, you need to include this as your hunting gear. Binoculars also are known as field glasses are two telescopes that allow you view distant objects. Their sizes vary and it's really up to you to pick the one that suits you. You do not want to be sidelined and caught unawares just because you did not see something coming so please pack it up.

8. Lighter.

If there is one important thing in hunting it is fire. Whether you want to cook some food or game, get warmth, melt ice for water or keep away animals all of these need fire. Hunters nowadays use the disposable type of lighters but remember to carry matches stored in a waterproof container because at high altitudes a lighter maybe of no help to you and you may need to go analog.

9. Flashlight.

I am yet to see someone who hunts during the day then in nightfall packs up and leaves. It is of great essence that you pack some quality waterproof flashlights and headlamps. Carry an extra one just in case and do not forget to slip in some extra batteries and bulbs especially if you do not have the charged ones. Once more, it's just a measure undertaken to ensure that you are prepared for any kind of situation but be sure to invest in a quality one as it will serve you well.

10. Skinning Knife.

It wouldn’t be hunting if you do not end up having killed some game. As the pen is of utmost importance to writing so is the knife. You could be skinning game, cutting ropes, opening a can or emergencies in the sight of an adversary a good knife will come in handy. It is a multi-functional tool keep it as close to you as possible to make it easy to access but make sure it's in a safe place as it can easily harm you.

Conclusion

To sum up you always need to have the best hunting gear whenever you go hunting. Always invest in quality gears because you do not want your gadgets to fail you when you need it the most so ensure that you have a list of all the necessary devices and double check that you have them. Other things that you may need are good communication, blankets, food, first aid kit, whistle and a signal glass. You can never be too sure ask some experienced hunters for what else to look out for or you can visit the web so that you are not caught unawares.