10 Creative Ways To Ask A Marist College Student Out

Ten creative ways to ask that special someone to be your significant other.

177
Craft of Charisma

As the start of the school year approaches, students alike are trying to find that special someone on campus. Finding the girl/boy is hard, but asking her/him out is a nightmare. It's tough imagining possible ways to do it without falling flat on your face or embarrassing yourself. But if you're like me, you want to find the right way to do it. Without delay, I present ten creative ways to ask a Marist College student out on a date.

1) With a pint of Ben and Jerry's from the Cabaret

Who doesn't love ice cream? Who doesn't want to enjoy a pint of Ben and Jerry's after an exhausting day of classes? Asking someone with a pint of ice cream from the Cab may win over their hearts. Just remember what their favorite flavor is. And if they don't like ice cream, maybe a quesadilla, chicken tenders or a soda may make its way to their heart as an alternative.

2) In front of the Rotunda

The place where most Marist journeys start. Maybe a corny joke about starting a relationship where you started college could crack them up and get them to say yes. Whatever you do though, DON'T STEP ON THE SEAL!!!!

3) In front of the Starbucks in Hancock

Two romantic settings: a fireplace and with a coffee. While this may be packed with studious studiers, maybe a late night of studying can be halted for a tender moment. Plus, it may ease stress and give the asked student a confidence boost. Hancock closed? Try the library's Starbucks.

4) After taking them to Love in the Afternoon

Okay, maybe I'm a bit biased here because I'm in Marist Singers, but I think this concert is a perfect spot to ask a student out. Maybe if you retain the knowledge of lyrics from the concert, you can ask using them. Just make sure it's not a breakup song or that will be awkward.

5) After their last class of the week

Did the person have an extremely stressful week and now realizes they have a weekend to relax? Maybe start the weekend right by asking them on a date for the weekend. It'll give them a feeling of relaxation and rest knowing this is just the start of a stress-free weekend.

6) In front of the river

Probably the most Marist cliché option on the list, but also the most romantic on here as well. A sunset in front of the Hudson is a beautiful spot to ask a student out. A nice walk to watch a beautiful sunset and watching the sun go down can all spell out a great way to get someone's heart.

7) On the Walkway Over the Hudson

The Walkway Over the Hudson: a beautiful walk and a cute spot to mark a first date. Looking over the river, it's a romantic spot to start a relationship. Whether it'd be sunrise, sunset or a midday walk, it's a wonderful spot to start a relationship.

8) Walking through St. Ann's Hermitage

People always forget that there is a nature walk behind north campus. While the walk itself is short, it's an excellent place to start a budding relationship. The quiet woods make a little romantic hideaway from the bustling campus.

9) A picnic on the Marist Beach

The Marist Beach is a bustling place on a nice day. However, even in the bustle, a picnic is always a relaxing time during the insanity of classes. Maybe a relationship can bloom from just enjoying time under that shady tree near the Cabaret or on the chairs overlooking the river.

10) Find your own way

You're probably reading this whole article and thinking, "What the hell is this? These aren't going to work for me!" And you're right, not every suggestion here applies to the person you want to ask out. But that's what college is, to make it your own. Maybe your significant other and you go to the gym together. Maybe they enjoy a time at Palace Diner or even start on the stage. The point of this article is to give some inspiration and help you ask that special someone out. There is no right or wrong: as long as you stay true to yourself and make something special for that lucky guy or girl.